Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_wave_seekbar (Read 799118 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1900
Clever.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1901
Can you give me old versions of Waveform Seekbar ?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1902
Can you give me old versions of foo_wave_seekbar ?

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1903
Maybe. Why do you feel you need one?
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1904
I want to check them.Please give me

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1905
Would it be possible to make the waveform check for replaygain info and act on it?
Because I hear a lot of music in midi, and is rather common for midi to need at least +5 db, often 10, and the waveform is nearly invisible, as can be seen in http://i.imgur.com/hk3Wcdj.png , making it esentialy useless.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1906
If you're using the Direct3D9 frontend, it's possible to modify it according to previous posts in this thread to honor replaygain or rescale to max-peak.
For the other frontends, no such thing.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1907
Ah, so I just add
        float4 minmaxrms = tex.Sample(sTex, tc.x);

Code: [Select]
        // === This block
        minmaxrms.rgb -= 0.5 * minmaxrms.a;
        minmaxrms.rgb *= 1.0 + minmaxrms.a;
        // ===

// === Must be before this block
        if (replayGain.g != -1000) {
                minmaxrms.rgb *= pow(10,(replayGain.g) / 20) * 1.5; //use track gain
        } else if (replayGain.r != -1000) {
                minmaxrms.rgb *= pow(10,(replayGain.r) / 20) * 1.75; //use album gain
        }
        // ===

to the frontend settings? Or that code was the broken one?
I don't want some fancy schmancy 3D seekbar with bloom, x16 antialiasing and a little kitten in a corner, just the default one responding to RG info. so just grabbing some random one isn't especialy atractive for me.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1908
If you're using the Direct3D9 frontend, it's possible to modify it according to previous posts in this thread to honor replaygain or rescale to max-peak.
For the other frontends, no such thing.

Why not making this the default (at least for the Direct3D9 frontend)? RMS display too.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1909
Partly because the non-replaygain display came first.

Changing the default effect would mean having to figure out how to update existing saved effects or leave them be, having a split in what "default functionality" is between users that has touched settings before, and those who have not. New installations would have a different look than old ones, and support load would increase.

There is also the question what to do about unconfigurable frontends like D2D and GDI, as those sorts of knobs kind of need to be global across them all.

Nothing intrinsically prevents a half-arsed change, or a substantial change with care, but it's nothing that interests me. This component is an evolutionary dead-end and I have no will whatsoever to work on it. Building with an XP/wine compatible toolset is getting harder and harder, the D3D9 SDK and redist doesn't install cleanly anymore, and the structure with multiple frontends means thrice the effort to do anything.

I've been playing around with a successor, but it's properly Hard to make something that while suitably powerful still works in the minds of the users. Shader code while sufficiently powerful, has been proven to not be understandable by mortals.

TL;DR: Had I got remaining hoots to give, it'd be solved.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1910
Zao, and I can knock the chisel? ))  My knock Here's why: I like this informative plugin. But in the case of streaming radio do not need it. Can I create one that in this case it collapses the window itself along the vertical coordinate to a few pixels? (Well, at least in Direct3D9)
Спасибо! (Thanks!)

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1911
What kind of UI splitter/container do you have the element in? It's possible that it already supports switching layouts based on the kind of track.
I don't know if it's possible for a UI element to constrain its size for layout purposes, sounds like it would be hard for the UI plugin to do layout then.
Stay sane, exile.

foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1912
I want it to be implemented in a DUI. In the window Waweform probably already can obtain the switching condition - Foobar is on, but the metadata do not act - and then switch the event to happen. Usually topology use Waveform - he is at the top of the playlist, and will cause the collapse of the expansion y- coordinates playlist up. I am not a programmer and I can only express wishes )))

I thought that it can be implemented as an option with a checkbox in the settings

Re: foo_wave_seekbar

Reply #1913
Thank you for an excellent component!
I beg all's pardon, did not read all 77 pages. :D So, maybe, my idea will a repeat: to have a (right click?) menu item: "Refresh THIS waveform".
Appereantly I expected, that have some song files with long silence in the end. I search for them, looking at waveform, then trim them in Audacity. But after triming, waveform remains the old.

Reply #1914
Thank you for an excellent component!
I beg all's pardon, did not read all 77 pages. :D So, maybe, my idea will a repeat: to have a (right click?) menu item: "Refresh THIS waveform".
Appereantly I expected, that have some song files with long silence in the end. I search for them, looking at waveform, then trim them in Audacity. But after triming, waveform remains the old.

Rightclick file -> Utilities -> Extract seekbar signature

Reply #1915
Yes, thank you! I found it now, too. :) But "remove", instead of "extract".

Reply #1916
Here's a version of the RMS effect which uses the highlight colour instead of just grey-scaling it. http://pastebin.com/rVfuCDgy

Can foo_wave_seekbar be configured to have both a different elapsed waveform and background color than the remaining section? I could only get this script to do one or the other at a time.

Example from AIMP's 4.0 skin:

I'm also looking for a way of having a completely flat waveform, rather than the dual shaded style it has currently. Any ideas?

Reply #1917
I'm also looking for a way of having a completely flat waveform, rather than the dual shaded style it has currently. Any ideas?
Here is the one I use, "inverted" colors.

Based on the same post you refer too.
Made with help of some forum members earlier in this thread.
Here is the code: Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Maybe you can improve it, I am curious  ;)

Reply #1918
Have been searching on and off for over a year now and can't find a solution for this. Almost every time i load a new track the waveform seekbar doesn't load with the track and in order to see it i have to press play for the track again. Has there been a solution for this? I have only ran it on Windows 8,8.1 if that makes a difference.

Reply #1919
Almost every time i load a new track the waveform seekbar doesn't load with the track and in order to see it i have to press play for the track again.
Tracks must be analyzed first to build the waveform data which will be shown via the seekbar. This takes some time depending on your hardware, You don't have to restart the track, it will show up when it's finished. Tracks scanned earlier are saved and should show up immediately. You can also highlight all your tracks, right click and select 'Utilities/Extract seekbar signature' or choose 'Library/Waveform Seekbar/Rescan all waveforms' from your menu to mass scan your library.

Reply #1920
There was/is a bug with some frontends where it doesn't show the image until reopening the track, but I thought that was for most purposes solved by now. Pre-scan your tracks as Daeron recommends or use a frontend where it doesn't happen.
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #1921
Thanks the mass scan sounds like a good idea, I didn't realise that it actually remembered previously scanned tracks only noticed when it needed reloading, the reloading may have only been for 1 or 2 hour long mixes as i can remember it getting half way through these mixes and still not showing the waveform.

foo_wave_seekbar & Windows 10

Reply #1922
I'm not sure I'm really the only one in here with a Windows 10 question, but search didn't bring anything up:

My nice looking seekbar turned fugly after switching (clean install) to Windows 10. It won't allow me to install DX3D, so I'm stuck with D2D or GDI. Is that true?!

Reply #1923
From the first post...

Links:
The Direct3D 9.0c mode requires the DirectX end-user runtime dated earliest February 2010, which can be installed through use of the DirectX end-user Runtime Web Installer (make sure to not accidentally install the Bing Bar they try to force on you).
Note that the DirectX redistributable is required on all OSes no matter whether you think you "have DirectX installed already, lol" or not.

The above link might work if you're on windows 10. It should link to directx runtimes but as I'm on windows 8.1, it redirects me to a windows 10 download page instead. :/

Reply #1924
Here is the one I use, "inverted" colors.

Based on the same post you refer too.
Made with help of some forum members earlier in this thread.
Here is the code:

Maybe you can improve it, I am curious  ;)

Thanks, didn't see your reply (I wish the Mentions tab of the forum would highlight quotes, too).

It's a tricky request for the limitations of the component. This formatting seems to exclude the Highlight Color, replacing it with the inverse of the Background/Foreground. Interesting script. I do like that it displays the wave form as a solid color, will see if I can fiddle around with it :)