Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: generate cuesheet including cdtext from flacs? (Read 2065 times) previous topic - next topic

generate cuesheet including cdtext from flacs?

is it possible to create sepparate wavs & a cuesheet including cdtext info taken from various tagged flacs with the converter?

so far i could not manage to create a cue but only wav files?

Re: generate cuesheet including cdtext from flacs?

Reply #1
aside from foobar2k, can anyone recommend a linux tool, which is capable of creating .cue or .toc files from flacs or wavs including cd-text?

i have been desperately looking for a way to accomplish this with either data sourced from my tagged flacs or via the wav filenames (performer - title), so foobar2000 would have been an ideal candidate.

there is mktoc, which can generate .toc files from wav files, but does not offer anything cd-text related.

also i came across this website, which only has tipps on how to do this manually.

Reply #2
The converter in foobar2000 only writes cue sheet for single file images. If the final intention is to burn the files to a CD I'm not aware of a single program that wouldn't support single image + cue.

Reply #3
hi case,

speaking about foobar2000. is there chances that it will adapt a conversion to wavs from various artists while creating an additional cue including cdtext from tags in the future?

Reply #4
It is possible if there is some good reason why it should do that.

Reply #5
ok, here is some reasons:

being able to also convert to multiple wavs (various artists) + .cue incuding cdtext (though i would prefer .toc, so to be able to burn with cdrdao)
no more manual fiddling around with .cue or .toc files (saves a hell lot of time, especially when burning various artists cdrs)

Reply #7
thanks a lot for your suggestion. i really wanted to give this a try, but compiling demands dependencies of 700mb and more to download and then i have not found anything in terms of cd-text support with this tool yet.

anyhow, if you have further tipps on linux tools that fit in (especially for .toc), please let me know ;)