Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rip and Convert Ram to MP3 (Read 14018 times) previous topic - next topic

Rip and Convert Ram to MP3

Are there any freeware software that can rip an audio stream ram file and convert it to the highest quality mp3..

Shareware is ok but it has to be like really good. I prefer freeware tho.

Reply #1
Are there any freeware software that can rip an audio stream ram file and convert it to the highest quality mp3..

Shareware is ok but it has to be like really good. I prefer freeware tho.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=347043"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You would be better off to capture the stream in it's native format, "RM", and then transcode to MP3.  It you want to capture and transcode in real time, Winamp (freeware) can do it with appropriate plugins.

Reply #2
Winamp plays RAM??? May i ask which plugins are neccessary or recomended.

Reply #4
Thanks i got it to work with that Great tut...\

I used notpad grabed the rm link, downloaded it with flashget grabbed the codec and converted it to flac..

now i just got this tiny issue where winamp doesnt play flac files even with the plugin, ima reboot and see if it wrks.. thanks again..

Reply #5
This a bit hokey, but never mind.

I wrote a little batch file to post-process my streambox downloaded realaudio files. It relies on using
a) Streambox VCR
b) mplayer
c) an command-line mp3 encoder (I use helix mp3, but gogo or lame work).

May well need Windows 2000 or later for the extended syntax on 'for'.

Save it in the same directory as the streambox vcr.exe and change the paths for mplayer and helix. Here it is:

Code: [Select]
rem @echo off
find ".ra" filelist.vpl | find /V "//" > convertlist.txt
for /F "usebackq skip=2 delims=" %%L in (convertlist.txt) do "c:\program files\mplayer\mplayer.exe" -vo null -vc null -ao pcm:waveheader "%%L" & "c:\program files\helix\hmp3.exe" audiodump.wav "c:\Converted Music\%%~nL.mp3" -U2 -X2 -B64 -HF
del audiodump.wav
del filelist.vpl
start "c:\Converted Music\"