Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Connecting foobar2000 to audio files on iPad (Read 1131 times) previous topic - next topic

Connecting foobar2000 to audio files on iPad

Lifelong Windows and Android user here who's making the transition to an iPad. I have downloaded foobar and have moved my audio files into my iPad.  How do I connect the two?  I won't be using iTunes, streaming or other services.  My only need it to play the audio files that are sitting on the iPad

Any assistance to this Apple newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Connecting foobar2000 to audio files on iPad

Reply #1
I use foobar2000 mobile on ipad. And TuneFusion to copy my music files to the ipad.
 https://www.dbpoweramp.com/tunefusion.htm

Edit. Where are the files on ipad. Foobar2000 on ipad can also see files transferred to ipad with iTunes.

Reply #2
The files are in a folder that I called "My Music" that I can see from Files. I did not use iTunes to move them to the iPad.

Reply #3
The files are in a folder that I called "My Music" that I can see from Files. I did not use iTunes to move them to the iPad.
With the latest Foobar 1.6 beta the option to specify a library folder outside of the Foobar sandbox was added. Once you have updated to 1.6, go to Settings>Media Library>+ folders and Navigate to the main folder you want to use. [In the case for the OP it would be wherever "My Music" is stored]

In my use case, I use MS Remote Desktop to manage the transfer of music folders/files to my iPad and iPhone. In the past I had to move it on the I device afterwards to the Foobar folder. Now I can leave that main music folder within the Remote Desktop "Files" location and just point Foobar at it. This is so much easier and faster to manage now, moving music in and out of just that folder from my full library on my PC whenever I want to change things up.

Reply #4
Just noticed this new feature. Very helpful.

Reply #5
Where would the download for the iOS version 1.6 beta be located?  I found release notes for version 1.6 on hydrogenaud.io, but they look to be for Windows

Reply #6
Ignore previous message.  Figured out how to get 1.6 beta and it works GREAT!!  Thanks for the assist!