Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

Do you want to see Nero AAC encoders 1.5.1 vs 1.3.3 in public test

Yes, I do
[ 13 ] (37.1%)
No, I don't. It makes more sense to focus more on Nero vs other encoders.
[ 22 ] (62.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Topic: Do you want to see Nero AAC encoders 1.5.1 vs 1.3.3 in public test (Read 6319 times) previous topic - next topic

Do you want to see Nero AAC encoders 1.5.1 vs 1.3.3 in public test?

Untill now the list of proposed AAC (not final yet) encoders to test for Public Listening Test [2010] is:
1. Nero 1.5.1
2. Apple iTunes
3. Coding Technologies (CT)
4. Nero 1.3.3?

Reply #1
Even if v1.5.1 looks, or rather sounds, very promising, it wouldn't be the first time that the good folks of Nero issue new releases of their codec that sound slightly worse rather than better than their predecessors: http://www.listening-tests.info/mf-64-1/results.htm (bottom).  Too bad the mentioned explanatory URL is 404ing.

Come to think of it, to my knowledge, subsequent releases of iTunes' AAC codec, Aotuv's Vorbis encoder, or WMA Professional haven't really been extensively compared to one another either, at least publicly and independently.

So maybe a couple of "golden ears" could lead the way by determining which editions are the preferred ones in a private listening test?  This procedure has been followed previously in Sebastian's and Roberto's public tests.  Guruboolez and IgorC are the usual suspects ;-)

Reply #2
The results are enough clear. Only the last version of Nero will be included.

Administrators, please, close the poll.