Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I'm trying to burn a cd, so I need to move my mp3 files from iTunes to my windows media player? (Read 2170 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from MP3Gain iTunes question

I'm trying to burn a cd, so I need to move my mp3 files from iTunes to my windows media player?

I am totally new at all this code stuff. I'm trying to burn a cd, so I need to move my mp3 files from iTunes to my windows media player, apparently it's not codes right..? So please help me I have no idea where to go from here, thanks!

Re: I'm trying to burn a cd, so I need to move my mp3 files from iTunes to my windows media player?

Reply #1
I don't know about "code stuff", but what type of CD are you intending to burn: an audio CD or a data CD?

Re: I'm trying to burn a cd, so I need to move my mp3 files from iTunes to my windows media player?

Reply #2
I don't use Windows Media Player for burning so I can't help with the details.  But, you don't have to "move" your files.   You simply add them to your WMP library (essentially "point" WMP to wherever the files are).

FYI - A regular audio CD doesn't have "computer files".    It has uncompressed PCM which identical to the underlying data in a 44.1kHz, 16-bit, stereo, WAV file.   (This is why audio CDs* have to be "ripped" if you want to copy them or make MP3s.   You can't simply copy the files to your hard drive because there are not computer files.)

Most CD burning software will decompress the MP3 to make a proper audio CD as long as you tell it to make an "audio CD", so I assume WMP will do that.  But, if you have the original CD, or WAV files, it's better to use the original uncompressed files (because MP3 is lossy compression).

Or, you can burn a "data disc" which has MP3 (or WAV or other computer files).   It will play on a computer and most DVD players will play it and some car stereos will play it,  but it won't work on a "regular" CD player.     Of course, with MP3 you can fit 5-10 times as much music on a disc depending on the bitrate/quality setting.

* DVDs do have regular computer files but commercial DVDs are copy protected and it's illegal to crack the copy protection so they also require special (black market) ripping software.

Reply #3
And iTunes can also create an audio CD from within iTunes. So not sure about the need to read these files in WMP.

Reply #4
And iTunes can also create an audio CD from within iTunes.
Good point!!! 

Create CDs and DVDs in iTunes on PC.

...If you purchased your music from iTunes they are actually AAC (MP4) files but the process should be the same.

Reply #5
Just saying, if you burn these mp3 files (or any other lossy format actually) as an Audio CD, their "size" will inflate but the quality won't improve; it may even degrade further if there's any clipping in the mp3 files, for example.
a fan of AutoEq + Meier Crossfeed