Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Copy tags between FLAC <-> WavPack trees (Read 928 times) previous topic - next topic

Copy tags between FLAC <-> WavPack trees

Hi,

I've encoded my WavPack collection/directory tree to a FLAC mirror. The reason simply is that I want to use Jaikoz for tagging. So far so good. Now I basically want to wipe all tags from the WavPack tree and copy the new tags over from the FLAC tree without re-encoding from FLAC to WavPack. Any idea what tool I could use? I remember Foobar had some component that exported tags to some JSON like structure, but I cannot remember the name.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Copy tags between FLAC <-> WavPack trees

Reply #1
Apart from the time that it would take, is there any reason that you don't want to re-encode?

Reply #2
Keeping the changed blocks in files low. It would saturate my uplink for ~90 days to sync all changed data to an offsite location in case of full re-encodes. It's been a while since I encoded those files and I fail to produce bit identical encodes with current encoder.

Reply #4
Thanks a lot. That was the easy way I was hoping for.