Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo-out-asio on XP pro (Read 1857 times) previous topic - next topic

foo-out-asio on XP pro

Hi all, this is my first post here.

I have been playing music for years on an old pc using XP home, Foobar, foo-out-asio and my old  Waveterminal 2496 audio cart.
Last week I bought a newer pc and installed XP pro on it, with the same software/configuration as described above.

The problem is that I can not get any sound from Foobar with ASIO 2.0 Waveterminal as sound device and foo-out-asio installed.
Also, when I play a song in Foobar, the counter does not start, and the spetrometer does not show any sign of life :-(

I double checked any configuration, and I also checked if the audio hard ware (the waveterminal) is working ok by sticking it back in the old pc.
So now I suspected the XP-pro, but I think that makes no sense after all.

The only thing I noticed is the foo-out-asio component on my old pc is 1.2.7, while on the newer one I installed the latest version. So I downloded the older version
thinking that would solve things, but it did not.

Right now I'm actually not even sure if this is foo-out-asio, foobar, XP pro or any hardware (besides the sound cart) problem.
Any idea is mooooore than welcome!!

foo-out-asio on XP pro

Reply #1

After writing my first post I threw the foo-out-asio out, and selected the cart as output device and noticed there is still no playback in Foobar.
So my earlier accusement of foo-out-asio earlier is not true.

The drivers for the cart are installed and it is possible to select the cart in Foobar.
Maybe this is a more accurate description of my problem.

foo-out-asio on XP pro

Reply #2
Are you able to get output from the Waveterminal card using something other than foobar2000?  E.g. Windows Media Player.

foo-out-asio on XP pro

Reply #3
Hi apesbrain,

No I use auditon to record tapes and lp's but this program also does not playback.
Any other software on this pc does not playback either, altough the soundcard I use is the default device..

foo-out-asio on XP pro

Reply #4
A few weeks back I tried a fresh install of XP, updated all drivers and tried to get the waveterminal to run on asio (foo out asio) in Foobar, but I still have the same problem.
I sure hope there is someone out there that knows more than I do..
Only thing I can think of is that maybe the waveterminal 2496 might be to old to be compatible with a more modern pc?

It is working fine on my 7 years old pc, but this  2 years old Lenovo sees the hardware, but does not let it play at all.