Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fraud fuss (Read 2939 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Fraud fuss

Reply #1
"Credibility   Gullibility is always a most precious phenomenon."  - William E. Low Owner/AudioQuest

fixed

Reply #3
Well if you have no credibility to begin with you have no reason to fear losing it. ;)
"I hear it when I see it."

Reply #4
Wait, Audioquest is claiming they are the "victim" here?  When according to Mark Waldrep the video's presenter [It was taken down before I ever got to see it so I can't verify this], David Ellington, WORKS for Audioquest? At least his LinkedIn profile says he does:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidellington11

Reply #5
Hmm, sales and/or marketing.

That speaks volumes to me.

Q: What's the difference between a sales person and a marketer?
A: The sales person will blow smoke up your ass and expect you to believe it.  The marketer blows smoke up his own ass...and will believe it.

Reply #6
and Our Man from Madrona is on the case too
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?19749-Audioquest-HDMI-cables&p=372740&viewfull=1#post372740

I missed that. Believe it or not, he is the voice of reason in that Wonderland known as WBF.
Of course, there will be no repercussions for that outright fraud. Geller's still bending spoons in Israel and I think Popoff is back selling holy water on TV. The beat goes on.

cheers,

AJ
Loudspeaker manufacturer

Reply #7

I missed that. Believe it or not, he is the voice of reason in that Wonderland known as WBF.

The voice of reason (and maybe something beyond that):

Good point. HDMI is a very finicky communication link and you should use quality wires. With certification voluntary (and cheating prevalent) buying cables from likes of AudioQuest is actually a good thing. We are discussing here whether there are additional benefits beyond that.

Reply #8
What's the issue here?  Is Audioquest worried about making their fraud too obvious?