Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1.4 beta 6, Apply ReplayGain to file content. (Read 885 times) previous topic - next topic

1.4 beta 6, Apply ReplayGain to file content.

First.... thanks for the changes to the way the ReplayGain settings are accessed in preferences. Soooooo much easier.

It was also a pleasant surprise to discover more file formats are supported. Is there any official list somewhere?

Previously I don't think fb2k supported "applying ReplayGain to file content" for multichannel AAC and the option wasn't shown under the right click ReplayGain menu, however the option is now available, only it always seems to result in an "unsupported file format" error.

If there was a way to disable the warning message when "applying ReplayGain to file content" (I'm sure there was) it seems to have disappeared. Any reason for that, or am I missing the obvious?

And while I'm here, on a slightly different subject, would it be possible to have the columns in the encoder configuration list (Output file format list) automatically resize?. Currently the "Name", "Average Bitrate" and Settings" columns all default to a narrow width which hides the text until they're manually resized.

Thanks again.

Re: 1.4 beta 6, Apply ReplayGain to file content.

Reply #1
Is there any official list somewhere?
I don't think there is. But I believe it currently supports MP2, MP3, AAC and Opus and the data can be inside MP4 or Matroska containers.

If there was a way to disable the warning message when "applying ReplayGain to file content" (I'm sure there was) it seems to have disappeared. Any reason for that, or am I missing the obvious?
Peter took it away. He thinks it's too dangerous to be triggerable accidentally. If you do RG applying in large batches clicking the warning once per batch isn't too bad.

Re: 1.4 beta 6, Apply ReplayGain to file content.

Reply #2
Thanks for the info.