Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WinVorbis 1.34 & Vorbix 1.34 (Read 3424 times) previous topic - next topic

WinVorbis 1.34 & Vorbix 1.34

http://www.enternet.co.nz/users/ross/stati...list/winvorbis/
Multi-file Ogg Vorbis Comment Editor/Encoder for Windows & Linux

WinVorbis/Vorbix is a graphical front-end for VorbisComment, OggEnc, OggDec/Ogg123, & VorbisGain.

1.34 Fixed: Rare I/O errors during encoding hopefully fixed.
1.34 Fixed: Case changing with file scan & file save templates was using the menu item selection rather than the options selection.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #1
I've just recently heard of Ogg Vorbis and I hunted down the WinVorbis Tagger Encoder.

But - being the thickie that I am - It took me ages to work out that the disk symbol was being used as an "encode" button.  I assumed that "encode" would be up there in the menu with "decode", but it just never turned up.

sigh...

Reply #2
Woohoo.  This is once of the sweetest programs for Ogg Vorbis out there.  Yay for updates.  And Vorbix sounds cooler then WinVorbis  (useless opinion)

Now if you could only save the contents of a tag in a preset.  (I put the ripper, encoder, and setting in the comment, this is the same for all CDs I rip).

Reply #3
I have to agree with Mr Swag.

WinVorbis (apart from it's name) is cute and cuddly.

However, (my thickiness is showing through again) -

- can someone explain how the "Apply ReplayGain" works in practice.  I think this is intended to be a workable alternative to normalising at rip-time.  But how does the player respond to it?  Is making use of that feature built into the current version of the ogg decoders?

... or what?

???

Reply #4
Originally posted by mijj
But how does the player respond to it?  Is making use of that feature built into the current version of the ogg decoders?

The player needs to be ReplayGain-aware, or it won't work.

WinAMP for example works fine.

--
GCP

Reply #5
Originally posted by Sawg
Now if you could only save the contents of a tag in a preset.  (I put the ripper, encoder, and setting in the comment, this is the same for all CDs I rip).

You can.

just add them in the "User defined tag names" box in the settings as "Tag=value"

Examples:

Encoding=-q 4,5
Best songwriter evah=Jimmy Buffet