Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Asus Xonar Essence STX or M-Audio Audiophile 192 or ... ? (Read 3495 times) previous topic - next topic

Asus Xonar Essence STX or M-Audio Audiophile 192 or ... ?

Hello,

I would like to have opinion about a choice between these two card. Or other suggestions.

There first things I'm paying attention to are:
1) The quality of recording
2) Drivers stability, working with Windows 7 64, without any 'surprise problems' (I'm currently having terrible experiences with Creative X-FI Fatal1ty Champions or something like that)
3) Balanced quality playback
4) The connections : if possible RCA, or something for which I'll easily find and adapter.

Thank you.

Reply #1
E-mu 0404 PCI/e, add a Fiio E5 if you are concerned with headphone output quality.

Reply #2
Hello,

I would like to have opinion about a choice between these two card. Or other suggestions.

There first things I'm paying attention to are:
1) The quality of recording

For the purposes of discussion, lets say that they are identical in this regard.

2) Drivers stability, working with Windows 7 64, without any 'surprise problems' (I'm currently having terrible experiences with Creative X-FI Fatal1ty Champions or something like that)

Advantage: M-Audio. They have been sucessfully making and selling pro audio computer interfaces for over a decade. The driver for the AP192 is based on a technology that is  so solid that the same driver supports maybe a dozen different of their most popular and respected devices.

3) Balanced quality playback

For the purposes of discussion, lets say that they are identical in this regard.

4) The connections : if possible RCA, or something for which I'll easily find and adapter.

The AP 24192 uses 1/4" TRS connectors for which RCA adaptors are readily available. You just use TS<-> RCA adaptors which are cheap and readily available.