Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can not rip to flac in foobar2000 (Read 2093 times) previous topic - next topic

Can not rip to flac in foobar2000

Hi everyone
! im new to aduio and foobar. When i try to convert to flac in the new foobar it tells me i need the flac encoder 1.2.0. And the problem is i cant find or download this program to make it work. I would really appreciate some help!

Re: Can not rip to flac in foobar2000

Reply #1
Easiest way is to install the Free Encoder Pack.

Reply #3
 hi download this:

http://flacfrontend.sourceforge.net/
after download open foobar ,start to convert the files like before,.
foobar will ask for flac-encoder: go to the downloaded flac-encoder,klick on it foobar starts to convert.

dsd

Reply #4
Download works flawlessly for me. Maybe try again/a different PC. I also added a copy of the one I just downloaded to this post, you can try that too. If it still doesn't work message me directly and I can get it to you via dropbox or something.

Reply #5
I realize this post is old but it was the most applicable for my situation and wanted to re-open the thread with the error code and the solution
When trying to Convert to FLAC within Foobar 1.42 I was getting this same error on various CD's
---------------BEGIN----------------------
Source: "cdda://012A21B9" / index: 1
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters) : "N:\Music\Shocking Blue\01. Blow Wind Blow.flac"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
  Command line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoFLAC\flac.exe" -s --ignore-chunk-sizes -0 - -o "267688F9-180E-4471-B54F-A6D0BE173251.flac"
  Working folder: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\ 

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters
-------------------------------------------
After reviewing the above I opted to investigate:  C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoFLAC\flac.exe
It turns out this was an older copy of EAC.  Once I uninstalled this version, downloaded the newer version (with Foobar closed), re-opened FooBar this issue went away and the FLAC file ripped perfectly.  Side Note:  the entry that lists "Working Folder" is an optional feature within Foodbar