Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Syntax for getting files from specified folder? (Read 3087 times) previous topic - next topic

Syntax for getting files from specified folder?

how do i get only files from a specific folder as output for columns ui filter?

i want to use tab stack function with filter for specified folders like x:\music\singles and x:\music\albums\albums. $directory(%path%,2) doesnt do the trick.  how can i tell one tab to show all files in singles-folder and the other one to show all in albums-folder???

there must be something like show all mp3s, if file-path contains singles and same for albums?! i'm almost going crazy after spending that much time without any solution.

thx i.a.!

Reply #1
Use $if($strstr or something like it, and turn off "Show items with empty labels."
Code: [Select]
$if($strstr(%path%,Albums),%album artist%)

Reply #2
Use $if($strstr or something like it, and turn off "Show items with empty labels."
Code: [Select]
$if($strstr(%path%,Albums),%album artist%)

many thx, will try as soon as i'm home and will let you know!

Reply #3
its seems to work quite well, thx again!

but one thing is really strange, how it comes, that the filter shows correct number of singles and/or albums in brackets behind "all", but playlist lists all mp3s in database? is this the sense of "all"-command when setting a filter or is there something i forgot to set right? isnt it meant to show all files after filtering folders?

would it change anything, if all other files outside the specified path would be excluded? i dont think so... how it comes, the this syntax works perfectly inside the filter-panel but not on playlist-view?