Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.8: set up Columns UI and Navigator (Read 2555 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.8: set up Columns UI and Navigator

<big sigh>

I'm using version 0.8, and for various reasons, I can't and don't want to upgrade to 0.9.  I've been killing myself trying to figure out how I can upgrade my UI.  I've finally figured out how to install Columns UI, but couldn't get any further.  I've tried to install Navigator, but I must be an idiot because I can't figure out where to paste the code given in the readme file.  I also tried just going to the basic cut/paste page, but didn't get very far here either.

I've searched the Wiki and the forums here, and the most basic instructions for upgrading the UI seem to be missing.

I would be happy to pay someone to help me with this.  Please PM me if you're interested.  I really just want a fairly basic setup, something like this.

Reply #1
Hmm, I'll be quite blunt here but I have no intention to offend;

That forum you linked to is full of nonsense.  Use the latest foobar and go to www.fooblog2000.com

Reply #2
Hmm, I'll be quite blunt here but I have no intention to offend;

That forum you linked to is full of nonsense.  Use the latest foobar and go to www.fooblog2000.com

I'm assuming you mean the Empirical Audio forum? This is the manufacturer for the USB converter I use, which is a totally no-holds bar converter.

The other forum was referenced from the Wiki.

Anywho, I finally figured out how to install Navigator.  Simple, but not clearly explained, you need to click the "import" button on the Display > Columns UI > Other tab.

Thanks for the pointer to the blog. I'll go there now...