Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_scrobblecharts - play Last.fm Charts in foobar (Read 150479 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_scrobblecharts - play Last.fm Charts in foobar

Reply #75
Thank you so much for this, I'd previously been doing what this plug in does manually.

Reply #76
Bumping this because I have a few ideas on how to make this even better, and to make Chronial to get the interest in working on this awesome component back!

1. Firstly this needs some sort of preferences page so that you could change the name of the playlist and some other stuff. You already know this, but just wanted to point out that this is wanted.

2. What if you could get like the 50 most popular tracks that is in the feeds but that you DON'T have to show up as text in a panel?

3. If you can do number 2 then it would probably be possible to get some recommendations from the dashboard to show up in the same panel?

4. I am dreaming of being able to show the stuff that's in the Last.fm official software in a panel. Like the artist wiki and all that, similar artists too. This would really help with the tagging of unknown files too.

Number 4 is maybe not something for this component, maybe not 2 or 3 either, but just wanted to make you work on this project again, because even though it is awesome it feels so... unfinished... And noone has posted here in a month so I wanted to bump this

Reply #77
I just tried this a couple of days ago - it's fantastic

Hope you can find the time to work on it some more, a preferences page would be awesome - the #'s look a bit funky on my layout.

Excellent plugin though

Reply #78
Is there anyway of getting the code for this.. please... awesome work by the way..
Using it on a daily basis...

Reply #79
just got into this plugin.. freakin excellent! Thankyou Chronial.

Reply #81
true.. if one looked at the wikipedia pertaining to last.fm they will see
that there has been people pushing bands up in tags where they don't
belong...just to be annoying.. but using the overall wouldn't be affected
by such efforts... 

Can add a feature to organize playlist under Top Artists/Tracks by Users?

For example using this feed: http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/user/vini...ml?type=overall

Is this possible? It would be great using last.fm databse to sync with my mp3 player

I've begun noticing alot of tracks being added to the playlist more than once..
  At times it gets a bit annoying... leaves me wondering what the correct order
  of the charts should be.. because of this happening they can't be in correct
  order... 

Reply #82
Thanks for this plugin, just started using the scrobbler for last.fm. And this is a nice addition.
Experienced only "Did not find enough tracks to make a playlist" popups at first with artist-charts , which seems a little weird considering I had almost every album in the playlist. But the similar-artists one now works on some artists. I guess I just need to add even more tracks to my playlist.

Reply #83
Awesome component...  Thanks.

The top portion of similar chart playlists still ends up overloaded with tracks from extremely popular artists most of the time.  It'd be nice if the playlist was ordered by chart position relative to each artist.  #1's ordered by band popularity, then #2's, etc...  A shuffle playlist works out OK for these situations, but it makes it a little more difficult to find some of the more obscure gems by less popular artists.

There are also a couple of interesting third party data feeds related to last.fm:

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/search?r=sour...ioscrobbler.com

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/search?r=sour...ioscrobbler.com

http://www.associativetrails.com/stuff/normalisefm/

I'm dreaming of a preferences dialog that allows the creation of custom charts based on any properly formatted rss feed containing artists, artists/tracks, or artists/albums.  I suppose that might make this foo_rssplaylists.  :-)

Reply #84
i love this plugin, and I use it on a daily basis.

can you consider adding the ability to "go to artist page"

Reply #85
can you consider adding the ability to "go to artist page"

You can easily do this with foo_run. In fact, the foo_run thread already has code to do this.

Reply #86
Hello!
How use this plugin?
I have foobar2000 0.9.5.3, put foo_scrobblecharts.dll in components directory, but I'm not see options for plugin.
So, how to generate playlist?
Thanks.

Reply #87
right click on a track/album, click the Last.fm -> menu.

you should see 4 items there that will generate the playlists.

Reply #88
right click on a track/album, click the Last.fm -> menu.

you should see 4 items there that will generate the playlists.

I'm so stupid!
Thanks!

Reply #89
Another idea for this lovely component:
what about making a playlist with the (own or other user's) loved tracks? I see it could be done by user.getLovedTracks method.

Reply #90
Additionally, Last.FM has begun to suggest songs on a per song basis. How about making playlists with those song suggestions? Is available through track.getSimilar, I assume.

Reply #91
I love this so much. It's great for when a friend gives you a bunch of music and you don't know what's good.

One thing that might be a great feature is normalizing the charts across albums. It's pretty typical for a lot of artists to have some albums over represented in the charts.

It would also be cool if you could normalize between artists so you can create a playlist of the most popular music in a selection easily where the selected artists are equally represented.

Reply #92
Is there a way to prevent the generated playlists to be focussed and played automatically? I usually prefer to end listening to the currently playing song before switching to similar tracks

Reply #93
I used to use it on my XP without problems but for some reason on vista it's crashing foobar:

Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   foobar2000.exe
  Application Version:   0.9.5.2
  Application Timestamp:   480a01ff
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_c12b
  Fault Module Version:   6.0.6001.18000
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4791a783
  Exception Code:   c0000374
  Exception Offset:   000aada3
  OS Version:   6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   c12b
  Additional Information 2:   7f38aa1f5c3ec4b64db1582f6946f05c
  Additional Information 3:   f326
  Additional Information 4:   e6dc34a6bf9ab36e27e61a5913770360

Any ideas?

Reply #94
Just mirroring other opinions here, but a preferences page would be useful.

The one preference I'd like is the ability to limit the number of tracks coming down from when you hit 'similar artists to blah' to say 10 per artist, or 80 per playlist or perhaps even to a length, such as playlist length 1hr.

Other then that, good job!

Reply #95
Just mirroring other opinions here, but a preferences page would be useful.

The one preference I'd like is the ability to limit the number of tracks coming down from when you hit 'similar artists to blah' to say 10 per artist, or 80 per playlist or perhaps even to a length, such as playlist length 1hr.

Other then that, good job!

very cool feature!

(it's easy to use and without a setting page, so yeah it's not in the foobar spirit  )

Reply #96
Could an option be added to name the playlist instead of #ArtistCharts. I use this component a lot and I hate renaming every playlist

Reply #97
I have been using this plugin with foobar to create playlists from last.fm.

Some days ago I picked up another application from last.fm called local.fm and used the same artist/trackname to create a playlist of similar charts.

Suprisingly both the playlists were quite different.

Any reason why that might be the case?

Reply #98
Yes, there is - last.fm does not provide "similar tracks" charts. It only provides "similar artists" charts - how a playlist is created from this similar artists list is completely up to the plugin.