Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist Filter like in iTunes (Read 2549 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist Filter like in iTunes

Hi,

searched the official 3rd party plugin site, the "most-sought-after-thread" and so on, but I somehow i couldn't find anything that matches with my requirements!

Well, all I want is a search field, placed above the playlist window, which filters the current playlist. It should work like the filter in iTunes which is placed in the right-hand corner. I thought that something like MUST already exist...

Thanks for your help

Bye

Reply #1
Yeah, there's some search plugin for 0.8 and then there's the Typefind panel for Columns UI 0.1.3 and foobar 0.9... But it only searches the beginning of the string that you specify yourself, I'd really like it if it instead just searched all metadata for the text you enter and it matches wherever the text is in the metadata, so that "angel" not only matches "Angels" but also "Los Angeles", for example...

Reply #2
The existing quick find and search features only hilight the matching tracks. tg2k3 appears to want it to hide the tracks altogether.

Since foobar2000 does not support "hiding" playlist entries, this would be kind of difficult to implement.

It would be possible to implement it as an autoplaylist or such in 0.9, and it would be a kind of a stress test example for that feature to be stressing the auto generation criteria at every keypress. ( I don't even know if this has been implemented already. )

Reply #3
Not as a playlist direct filtering but a sort of an extended playlist generator query, you could think of using Playlist Tree.

In fact, in one of the last releases, the author introduced an "@any<>" function that searches all the tags listed between the "<>".

It also has a @playlist<> function so, I think, it should be there a way to use @any and @playlist in combination to create a new tree node (a selection of tracks) with the filtered result of the query. This and the "quick query" should let you end up with a very quick, almost direct way to find what you want (or to hide what you want: just use the "NOT" operator).

The plugin has also a dynamic browser, a sort of an intermediate window between the "albumlist like" tree and the playlists.

For more possibilities and better exaplanation you should post your original question in the Playlist Tree thread or, better, in the author's forum at bowron.us/smf/index.php.

Hope I understood you problem and this could help.