Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: File size limit of HE-AAC? (Read 4204 times) previous topic - next topic

File size limit of HE-AAC?

Hello

I am trying to encode 28 ninety minutes tapes into a single he-aac file. I have made 56 mono 16bit 44khz wav files open them all in foobar and now I try to encode them to single file input using nero he-aac vbr streaming profile that makes avarage bitrate 30kb/s mono. All is fine the whole file is encoded but when opened in foobar or in 1by1 player it shows only 14 hours 33minuts 23 sec. It plays even beyond this 873 minuts 23 sec. and it seems the whole 2520 minuts is encoded but it is not reachable except by continuus playing, so I cant use the drawbar to reach any time after 15th hour even though it is there encoded.
Also 1by1 with in_mp4.dll plugin shows correctly the the bitrate 30, while mistaken about the lenght, and foobar is mistaken not only about the time but it also shows the bitrate to be LC profile 89 kb/s instead of proper he-aac 30.

Can anybody advice my how to solve this problem? 

Thank You

Sincerely

Reply #1
Hello

It seems either I made the question to wordy or no1 knows?

In very simple terms can someone advise me whether it is possible to encode he-aac files with nero plugin that are longer that 873 minuts 23 sec and yet play them properly in audio players like foobar2k or 1by1?

Thanks

Petr

Reply #2
Seems like bugs in the various player applications, that just weren't ever tested with a file this length.

Reply #3
8730 min 23 s = 52403 s = about 2^31 samples at 44,100 Hz. It could have something to do with integer sizes.