Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Currupt outputs of EAC (Read 1089 times) previous topic - next topic

Currupt outputs of EAC

Hello.

Recentely I tried to extrack latest album by an Italian Cinematic Metal group, but the output of one song is currupt.

I sonder if it is because long song title.

"Of Michael the Archangel and Lucifer's Fall: Codex Nemesis Alpha Omega/Symphonia Ignis Divinus (The Quantum Gate Revealed)/The Astral Convergence/The Divine Fire of the Archangel/Of Psyche and Archetypes (System Overloaded)"

How the lenght of the title affects ripping and compression?
And how to fix this bug?

Redunng the title helps, but the log contains incomplete name then, so it's not a solution.

Re: Currupt outputs of EAC

Reply #1
How long can a file name be?
It depends on the length of the complete path to the file (such as C:\Program Files\filename.txt). Windows limits a single path to 260 characters. This is why you might occasionally get an error when copying a file with a very long file name to a location that has a longer path than the file's original location.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/file-names-extensions-faq#1TC=windows-7

Reply #2
You can always edit/shorten the file name before ripping and then correct the tag after EAC extracts.  Pretty sure it's the tag that you care about being correct not the file name.  If I recall correctly you double-click to edit the title in the EAC window.  After ripping use whatever tag editor you like; I like Mp3tag.

Reply #3
It's definitely a filename length issue. As mentioned above naming it to something shorter first will avoid errors in the future, or you can also try ripping the tracks to the shortest drive path, such as E:\example.mp3 or include it in a single character directory, eg: E:\a\example.mp3

EAC could better handle it though.

Mp3Tag can check if the path is too long and truncate accordingly with a custom Action, which is what I use to avoid read/write errors when tagging.