Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Personalized foo_uie_dbexplorer.dll (Read 12230 times) previous topic - next topic

Personalized foo_uie_dbexplorer.dll

Changes include (I might be forgetting something, though):
  • Fixes sorting string bug (the db explorer did not use the hierchy sorting string, even if supplied with one, and used the hierchy string for sorting).
  • Removes the root "all music" item, allowing better individual customization.
  • Adds items to playlist instead of replacing playlist with items.
  • Adds items only when double-clicked instead of when just focused on.
Note that I made this version with myself in mind so I might have hard coded something without noticing or created a bug that did not distupt my own usage so it past unnoticed. If anyone wants the source (hardly any changes, actually so having bugs specific to this version is doubtable) I'll post it too.

Oh, and big thanks to musicmusic for implementing this great extension feature in his amazing ui component.

Also, I compiled this in VS .NET 2003 so I think that, unfortunately, you might need msvcr71.dll.

Reply #1
msvcr71.dll

[span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%']Warning
backup you config before using[/span]

Have you changed anything regarding sorting?
the sorting in your version goes all weird

Album list config
Code: [Select]
$if($stricmp($directory(%_path%,2),%artist%),$directory(%_path%,2),$if($stricmp($directory(%_path%,2),'Various Artists'),$directory(%_path%,2),$directory(%_path%,1)))|$if($stricmp($directory(%_path%,1),%album%),$directory(%_path%,1),)|$if(%tracknumber%,%Tracknumber% - ,%Artist% - )%title%

using this in the proper album list shows this
+0-9
+12 Stones
+3 Doors Down
+A
+A New Found Glory
+A Perfect Circle
+Acdc
+Alien Ant Farm

Using your moded version
+12 Stones
+3 Doors Down
+0-9
+A New Found Glory
+A Perfect Circle
+Acdc
+A
+Alien Ant Farm

Any ideas ?
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #2
Yeh i seem to get that using UpNorths sort string from the ui_columns thread.

the --Various Artists--- has moved from the top to down between Brahms and the Byrds.

Very strange.

Also would i be possible to set "Adds items to playlist instead of replacing playlist with items." as an option, So you can choose if you want that to happen or not.

I actually quite liked that happening

Thx.
"If you cannot read this, please ask the flight attendant for assistance."
- United Airlines Flight Safety Brochure

Reply #3
That sorting problem sounds really weird...
Are you sure you have copied the hierchy string to the sorting string? Or maybe you have a different, but valid, sorting string (like I do to be able, among other things, to ignore 'the' at beginnings when sorting but still show it)? What I fear is that maybe you left that blank hoping it would notice it's empty and use the hierchy string by default, which I think is not what it does because of the way I hard coded some small thing there, but that's very fixable if that's the case.
As for having a options for when to add songs and how to add songs, that's very doable and I'll try to get that done for you.
I plan to continue work on this as musicmusic said he won't, but I'm not sure how much time I will have to spend on this... I won't have time to do that little option thingy even untill like labor day or later, even if it's just a bit of editing of the preference window.

Reply #4
Um, my playlist doesn't even update when I select an item.
</signature>

Reply #5
That sorting problem sounds really weird...
Are you sure you have copied the hierchy string to the sorting string? Or maybe you have a different, but valid, sorting string (like I do to be able, among other things, to ignore 'the' at beginnings when sorting but still show it)? What I fear is that maybe you left that blank hoping it would notice it's empty and use the hierchy string by default, which I think is not what it does because of the way I hard coded some small thing there, but that's very fixable if that's the case.
As for having a options for when to add songs and how to add songs, that's very doable and I'll try to get that done for you.
I plan to continue work on this as musicmusic said he won't, but I'm not sure how much time I will have to spend on this... I won't have time to do that little option thingy even untill like labor day or later, even if it's just a bit of editing of the preference window.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=238923"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks that works

So you did do something with the sorting, naughty naughy 

keep up the great work

Um, my playlist doesn't even update when I select an item.

Jump into the preferences and enable double click sends to playlist on the database explorer tab.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #6
Yep copying over the string to the sort box worked. Cheers.
"If you cannot read this, please ask the flight attendant for assistance."
- United Airlines Flight Safety Brochure

Reply #7
This is exactly what I wanted: an album list attached to the player, that also does not update the playlist (as with the normal DB Explorer) where I can simply double click on a track and have it sent to an empty, ongoing playlist.

Reply #8
First: Thanks for this!

This is making my 'foobar-life' easier 

I have a little request: Could it be possible to have your mod dll have an option to show the album tracks on the DBExplorer panel (and not on the playlist), like in the Album list panel?

Why? What I like about your version is that playlist isn't replaced with album tracks when you focused on it, but instead, when you double-click on it, the album tracks are added to the playlist. Well, if I can actually see the tracks on the panel, I can double-click on the tracks I want to add to the playlist and add them to the playlist. Now I have to double-click the entire album and then remove the tracks I don't want to play.

Maybe this should be added to the albumlist panel....I'll request it also to musicmusic.

Good work. Really appreciated.

Reply #9
Ehhr, I might be bind, but where are this component supposed to show up?

"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #10
Ehhr, I might be bind, but where are this component supposed to show up?

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=241216"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You have to install the latest alpha Colums UI which is based on panels. Then install this dll, right click on the side bar (or anyohter place you can place a panel), and click on General>Database Explorer 

Reply #11
hey rexy you wouldnt know how to make this on A TAB would ya?

Reply #12
This plugin doesn't work on my set up, it appears in preferences but not in the Panels menu. The original foo_uie_dbexplorer.dll works, but ignores my custom sort script, which works in the album list. This is to ignore "The" so that "The Clash" comes before "Damageplan" and it can probably done with a lot less code 

$if($stricmp($left($put(temp,$if2(%album artist%,%artist%)),4),The ),$right($get(temp),$sub($len($get(temp)),4)),$get(temp)) - %album%|$num(%disc%,9)|$num(%tracknumber%,9)|$if2(%title%,%_filename_ext%)

Reply #13
This plugin doesn't work on my set up, it appears in preferences but not in the Panels menu.

I can't get it to work either, and I have the same problem. Argh! I might as well go back to good old Winamp... (Help!)