Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Slow playlist loading (Read 6241 times) previous topic - next topic

Slow playlist loading

i think i might make the move back to winamp. foobar 0.9 takes waaaaay too long to load a playlist from a whole directory. With winamp its instant, foobar takes live 5 minutes to load the 2,000 + songs.

Slow playlist loading

Reply #1
foobar 0.9 takes waaaaay too long to load a playlist from a whole directory. With winamp its instant, foobar takes live 5 minutes to load the 2,000 + songs.

Do you have the media library enabled and pointed towards the right directories? Sounds to me like you don't.

If the media library is enable tag information will be cached in the fb2k database and subsequent loading of files will be much faster.

Slow playlist loading

Reply #2

foobar 0.9 takes waaaaay too long to load a playlist from a whole directory. With winamp its instant, foobar takes live 5 minutes to load the 2,000 + songs.

Do you have the media library enabled and pointed towards the right directories? Sounds to me like you don't.

If the media library is enable tag information will be cached in the fb2k database and subsequent loading of files will be much faster.

do i have to do this for every folder? for instance, i should i choose f:/audio/flac and f:/audio/singles etc. etc. seperately or just choose the f:/audio directory in media library?

Slow playlist loading

Reply #3
Just adding f:/audio should be enough.

Slow playlist loading

Reply #4

do i have to do this for every folder? for instance, i should i choose f:/audio/flac and f:/audio/singles etc. etc. seperately or just choose the f:/audio directory in media library?

thank you! it worked

Slow playlist loading

Reply #5

thank you! it worked

for some reason, it only worked once 

Slow playlist loading

Reply #6
anyone know what my problem is?

Slow playlist loading

Reply #7
Even with "Media Library" enabled, rescanning the Media library takes it's sweet time - and blocks the Player while doing so: You can't access the Main window, because a "Modal dialog" is shown.

Couldn't Foobar load song information in Background, ie:
1. simply add file list to Playlist
2. start playing
3. start reading tags and other information while the player stays responsive...

Other than that I'm very satisfied with foobar2k...