Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Facets doesn't fully collapse (Read 1609 times) previous topic - next topic

Facets doesn't fully collapse

Hi there.

In the same tab I share the Playlist View with Facets, which is at the top. Both have their flexible size, I did not "plaster" their height.

However, when I intend to fully collapse Facets to occupy the entire space of the tab with Playlist View, Facets does not fully collapse and that is because of its search bar - when I remove the bar, all Facets collapses normally . It is not only the search bar that is visible (and that would not be a problem for me), but the equivalent of 5 lines - space that would be important to collect so that I can use all the available space on my notebook screen. Below follows a photo with the space that does not collapse.

I would not like to remove the search bar from Facets because it is very useful to me, so I would just like to know if the behavior of Facets is like this or if it is an old bug or, if I should do something to provide the total component retraction (minus the search bar, which is even visible), when I want to use the entire notebook screen with just another component.

Any clarification will be very well received, thanks in advance!

Re: Facets doesn't fully collapse

Reply #1
Hi there,

What do you mean by "fully collapse" - dragging the splitter up to hide Facets columns? Because that seems to work fine for me without any extra space. Are you sure that is not an extra 'Splitter (top/bottom)' in there adding the space?

Cheers

Reply #4
No... the problem isn't solved... There is not another splitter, but I have several tabs, each with a different Facets instance - one dedicated tab with album information, another tab with artist information, etc. If I leave only one tab and remove all the others (6), the problem disappears.

So, as I see it, the problem only happens with many Facets instances, which in my case are seven. But when I remove the search bar from all of them, the problem goes away too - but that doesn't work for me. because the bar is very useful to me.

Reply #5
Well... I found the solution and would like to share it here, since I have received so much help and offered so little retribution (I am still struggling to master this fantastic tool).

As I said, I have a panel with several tabs, six of which contain one instance of Facets each - 6 Facets distributed in six tabs, therefore.

Of all 6 instances, I left in only one of them the search bar properly enabled ("Show Toolbar"), having, therefore, disabled this bar in all the other tabs that contain Facets.

It is strange behavior, it would be better if it were not so, but this alternative solution already helps me a lot.

So I leave here the following record: who needs to use several instances of Facets, each in a specific tab, and perhaps have problems with the component collapse to acquire more space on the screen, disable all but one search bar. It works.

Thanks @anamorphic for your interest here!