Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4587547 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #4575
I've done that. After a long processing of installation (mail, password, all this stuff), and a restart, I've seen NO changes. :/
But it's not a major problem (for me), because I prefer to use XP.
OK, it was just a stab in the dark. The only solutions then are to not use SetPoint (or those other apps), or to use a 32-bit version of Windows.
Kinda offtopic, but I agree that one should avoid using SetPoint. I've been a user of it too, only because it's ability to show song-info on my diNovo Mediapad. Really, does it provide anything useful that you can't live without??
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Columns UI

Reply #4576
I'd love not to use those crappy Nvidia drivers, or Logitech ones but unfortunately, hardware don't work well without them.
If I don't use Setpoint, my mouse has, just for example, no middle click. Yes, I know, kinda weird, but it's like that... :/

The next time I use Vista, I'll try to use Setpoint 32 bits instead, in order to see if there's still problems with columns_ui.
If no problem anymore, I'll try to post here !

Columns UI

Reply #4577
As I said, you can use nvidia drivers, what may cause problems if enabled is nView (which I haven't seen on Vista anyway). But anyway you already isolated it to just SetPoint...

Columns UI

Reply #4578
Hi

As you see in my previous post i love column_ui (and especially NG_playlist and the filter).
I have still a small suggestion :
in fact in my layout I like to display album cover and artist picture but currently with the artwork view , we can only have one source for all the panel so can you separate the source of the artwork view from the colum_ui settings?
I hope you can do it and that you understand my request

Thanks for your marvelous component.

Columns UI

Reply #4579
Well, that doesn't need separate source settings for the/each artwork view panel. As I understood it would need
-The ability to specify an artist picture source
-The ability to lock the artwork view to one type of source

Columns UI

Reply #4580
Well, that doesn't need separate source settings for the/each artwork view panel. As I understood it would need
-The ability to specify an artist picture source
-The ability to lock the artwork view to one type of source

Yes it is exactly what i need. It would be really good if you can do this.

Columns UI

Reply #4581
Yes they are nice ideas I noted them and will add them a bit later.

Columns UI

Reply #4582
thank you so much

Columns UI

Reply #4583
Columns UI 0.3.4.0 released. Mainly bug fixes, see changelog for full details.

Columns UI

Reply #4584
Great, thank you.

Columns UI

Reply #4585
Performances is really good in new version and thanks for various improvement.

Columns UI

Reply #4586
I would like to request a feature:
- The possibility to disable the resizable borders, hiding the separator between the panels.

Is that possible, musicmusic?

Columns UI

Reply #4587
Hello, while customizing my column ui, I managed to hide the TOOLBAR, therefore i can't access the menu of foobar2k, i'm stuck

i can't seem to find a way to access any of foobar's menus...
do i have to install it from scratch again.... ?

Columns UI

Reply #4588
- The possibility to disable the resizable borders, hiding the separator between the panels.

Is that possible, musicmusic?

I think you might be asking for the same thing I did a while ago. I never got an answer though.

In my opinion it would be nice with the option to lock the entire config from being edited. If you want to edit you could simply go to the Layout Edit mode. That would be a really good feature.

Columns UI

Reply #4589

Indeed, that would be cool feature.

Hello, while customizing my column ui, I managed to hide the TOOLBAR, therefore i can't access the menu of foobar2k, i'm stuck

Just press CTRL + P and you can turn toolbars on here: Preferences -> Display -> Columns UI -> Main -> Show toolbars.

Columns UI

Reply #4590
Thanx a lot Mixcherry,
now that i'm aware of this keyboard shortcut, i don't need the toolbar anymore
the hiding was intentionnal

Columns UI

Reply #4591

I think you might be asking for the same thing I did a while ago. I never got an answer though.
In my opinion it would be nice with the option to lock the entire config from being edited. If you want to edit you could simply go to the Layout Edit mode. That would be a really good feature.

Besides locking the entire layout, I'm really interested in get extra space and get the panels without any space among them. Because, despite of the capacities of some panels to adjust the edge style, there's still the splitters and separators, what will always individualize the panels.
These resizable borders are really useful when you're creating the layout, adjusting sizes and positions, but after that they are useless...
So my point is that there would be an option to simply turn these borders on or off.

Columns UI

Reply #4592
hi,

i have two questions refer to NG playlist:
  • is it possible to display the artwork-column only on defined playlist? like the "show only on... " in the "playlist filters" under the "column"-settings?
  • i want this itunes-like-playlist-view with two-colored rows. i found this globals-style here:

$if(%_themed%,,$if($and(%isplaying%,$not(%_is_group%)),

$puts(back,$offset_colour(%_back%,$offset_colour($calculate_blend_target(%_back%),ff0000,20),25))
    $puts(back-selected,$offset_colour(%_selected_back%,$offset_colour($calculate_blend_target(%_selected_back%),ff0000,20),25))
    $puts(back-selected-no-focus,$offset_colour(%_selected_back_no_focus%,$offset_colour($calculate_blend_target(%_selected_back_no_focus%),ff0000,20),25))

$ifequal($mod($if2(%_display_index,%playlist_number%),2),0,
    $puts(back,$offset_colour(%_back%,$calculate_blend_target(%_back%),12))
    $puts(back-selected,%_selected_back%)
    $puts(back-selected-no-focus,%_selected_back_no_focus%)
    $puts(back-selected,$offset_colour(%_selected_back%,$calculate_blend_target(%_selected_back%),7))
    $puts(back-selected-no-focus,$offset_colour(%_selected_back_no_focus%,$calculate_blend_target(%_selected_back_no_focus%),7))
    $puts(back,%_back%)
    )

)
    $set_style(back,$get(back),$get(back-selected),$get(back-selected-no-focus)))

two things i don't like in this code are:

• the row-color is brighter when i click on the now-playling title (see the screenshots).
    • i like to have every album-grouping-background in white.

[a href="http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=ng_1p2h.jpg" target="_blank"]

Columns UI

Reply #4593
Is there anywhere I can get older versions of Columns_UI from, particularly before it required foobar 0.9.5?  I'd kind of like to switch back to a panels_UI config.

Columns UI

Reply #4594
Hi,

I think I've found a bug with the Tab Stack. I'm using it as my main splitter, between my playlist switcher and playlists, album art and lyrics, and I've found that whenever I start foobar (or update the display from the layout tab) the right most tab is shown (lyrics) even though the left most one is selected (playlist switcher and playlist). I have to click on the lyrics tab then back onto the switcher and playlist to see it properly. I guess it must be a bug, it's pretty annoying! This is CUI 0.3.4.1, fb 0.9.5.4.

Thanks,
Tom

Edit: actually, it seems to be a problem with the lyrics panel, as when I add another one to the right, it doesn't cover the others, the lyrics one still does. I don't suppose there's much that can be done then?

Columns UI

Reply #4596
I updated Foobar and Columns UI and as soon as I start foobar now it crashes. If I delete Columns UI it works ok.

What can this be and how can I resolve this?

Columns UI

Reply #4597
I updated Foobar and Columns UI and as soon as I start foobar now it crashes. If I delete Columns UI it works ok.

Do you have a crash log?
Do you have the two libraries that CUI needs?

terry

Columns UI

Reply #4598
No Crash log
Both libraries are installed in the foobar folder.

Ohh and I use Vista.

Columns UI

Reply #4599

It is most likely one of the panel components you are using. Try removing them one at a time to find the culprit.