Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: playback skips when media library is indexing (Read 1423 times) previous topic - next topic

playback skips when media library is indexing

Hi folks! I'm having a problem with foobar2000 0.9.6. Audio playback drops out briefly when the automatic media-library indexer function (which was added in 0.9.6) kicks in. It's only for about a second every time, but it's still irritating. During this time, CPU usage also spikes.

I have tried increasing the buffer to 2000ms, and it didn't really do anything to help. I haven't tried an older version of the software.

My music library happens to be stored on a USB disk, which is being exported to foobar in the form of a VMware share (I run it in VMware Fusion on an Intel Mac). I suppose this could be a partial cause of this somehow? I am not sure.

I guess I'd like to know: is there a way to turn off the automatic indexer if necessary? Or, if not necessary, how can I prevent it from skipping on indexing?

Thanks very much in advance!