Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: why does mpc encoder resample 48 kHz files (Read 4694 times) previous topic - next topic

why does mpc encoder resample 48 kHz files

I have a bunch of waves (24 bits 48 kHz) which I want to save as mpc. First i've tried it via cool edit plugin in combination with encoders 1.15r and 1.14 and all became 44,1 kHz (very strange !!!!).
So I want to know if it's still the case that one has to feed mpc encoder with 44.1 kHz waves as it was in the previous releases such as 1.1.

(Besides I found it very strange that Frank writes in the encoder manual, quote: "
PCM input can come from:
Microsoft WAVE format, 44.1 kHz, 8...32 bit, 1...8 channels" since his encoder does not permit 32 bits.)

44.8 has to be 48 kHz of course.............. (stupid bug in topic description)

Reply #1
I don't know what your problem is.. When i encode a 48khz wav, 16 or 24bit, it stays that, doesn't change to 44.1. I use Speek's batch encoder and latest alpha or beta.

Reply #2
I just tested 48kHz files with Cool Edit filter and couldn't reproduce this. What program do you use to verify that files are 44.1kHz? As far as I know only mppdec, Winamp plugin since 0.97 and foobar2000 support new rates.

Reply #3
48kHz works fine here too (encoded with MusedropXPD, MPC1.15r), reported as 48kHz by fb2k on playback.

If you want to encode 32bit .wav files created by CEP you have to save them as 4 byte PCM, not as normalized float.
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Reply #4
I use media center and the control panel of my EWX 24/96, nevertheless concluding from your reactions I suppose the my OS is badly f***d

(by the way: SK1 I do not know “what really is your problem”;
edit: forget about it, it’s just I’m getting really pissed because of my winXP and terratec)

Reply #5
 that's ok. yep i didn't mean it THAT way .

Reply #6
I use media center and the control panel of my EWX 24/96, nevertheless concluding from your reactions I suppose the my OS is badly f***d

Download this 48kHz test file, if Media Center doesn't detect it properly they need to update the MPC plugin.

Reply #7
thanks Case, it was indeed a problem with mpc plugin in media center , I'll update it
regards

and thanks for the sample ( came at the right moment I suppose …….)

Reply #8
I had the same kind of problems with Windows 2000.
With the newest driver and control panel for the EWX 24/96 I had some problems with the samplerate. Now I use driver 5.00.200.125 and control panel 1.03.26.125 and the problem's are gone.

Reply #9
it was indeed a problem with mpc plugin in media center, I'll update it

The current MPC plugin for Media Center is based on the 1.1 version of mppenc. If you configure mppenc as an external encoder in MC, you can use a more recent recommended version like 1.14 or 1.15r.

Rob