Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4594843 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #125
I just tried to play a audio CD which made foobar2000 crash using ui_columns. There is no problem when using the default UI.

Regards,
The Link

Columns UI

Reply #126
Nice work, musicmusic...
Really useful alternative to existing interface.

Foo UI columns 0.1a9

Bug:
When if maximized mode, hotkey actions: send to tray/restore from tray, restore windows to its original size.

A couple of wishes:
IMHO arranging PL tabs by using dragon drop could be more, than useful.
Arranging control buttons' position would be great, even though I'm not sure if it's easy to implement.
what do you think about Excel-like visualization of PL, when each element is rendered inside a table's cell?

Columns UI

Reply #127
I lööve the export/import thing
- updated to 0.8 sdk, added some related features

in 0.8, if you select a few files and right click you get a sort option, it's not there...(with the plugin) 

I know, I just havent done it yet..

There's one "bug" in the importer/exporter, it exports wrong thing instead of selected item frame colour, bear that in mind until I change it.

I just tried to play a audio CD which made foobar2000 crash using ui_columns. There is no problem when using the default UI.

Regards,
The Link
Can you give some more specific instructions and post the crash log? Thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #128
Sorry for this stupid bugreport!

Here is the crashlog.

Furthermore here a redraw bug when starting the UI.

My system: AthlonXP2800, WinXP SP1

Regards,
The Link

Columns UI

Reply #129
Sorry for this stupid bugreport!

Here is the crashlog.

Furthermore here a redraw bug when starting the UI.

My system: AthlonXP2800, WinXP SP1

Regards,
The Link

Ok as for the crash, Im unconvinced its my problem but Ive worked around it anyway.

Basically as far as I could tell I was getting on_modified playlist notifications before I got the on_items_added notification. Which messed up the ui's display cache (which is needed for speed). Im guessing it is foo_freedb modifying the items in the on_items_added notification which was causing this..

Anyway it should be worked around, please redownload and try again..

As for the redraw problem I've seen it myself, I need to work out what's causing it..

Bug:
When if maximized mode, hotkey actions: send to tray/restore from tray, restore windows to its original size.

Yes, there's a few bugs relating to similar stuff, but I didnt know that one, thanks, I will look into it.

A couple of wishes:
IMHO arranging PL tabs by using dragon drop could be more, than useful.
If i can get it to work decently, then fine, but it would be more drag than drag and drop..
Arranging control buttons' position would be great, even though I'm not sure if it's easy to implement.
You mean the playback buttons? Maybe..
what do you think about Excel-like visualization of PL, when each element is rendered inside a table's cell?

What do you  mean, you want each "cell" rendered in a rectangle? I.e. a grid?

Columns UI

Reply #130
Ok as for the crash, Im unconvinced its my problem but Ive worked around it anyway.

Basically as far as I could tell I was getting on_modified playlist notifications before I got the on_items_added notification. Which messed up the ui's display cache (which is needed for speed). Im guessing it is foo_freedb modifying the items in the on_items_added notification which was causing this..

Anyway it should be worked around, please redownload and try again..

Yes, it works now! Thanks 

By the way it would be cool if one could could kill active playlists with the middle mouse button (atm one has to select another playlist before you can kill the wanted playlist).

Regards,
The Link

Columns UI

Reply #131

Yes, grid.
Pricelist-like (every second cell's background is different from the "main" color) background would be great too.

Columns UI

Reply #132
By the way it would be cool if one could could kill active playlists with the middle mouse button (atm one has to select another playlist before you can kill the wanted playlist).

Yes. That would be good. The default UI now works that way.
BTW, I can't get right click on playlist tab - 'Load playlist...' to work. Works OK from Menu and works in default UI.

I LOVE this UI. Thanks musicmusic!

Columns UI

Reply #133
QUOTE (kerpondile @ Feb 8 2004, 09:02 PM)   
It seems that foo_ui_columns doesn't play songs at order. When you have selected another song (=some other song, which is not currently playing), and the current song ends it jumps to the song that is selected.

Is this intended? hope you understand...   

Are you sure you dont just have follow cursor on?

That was it! thanks

It seems the problem has come back in beta8 :/

Where I should exactly disable follow cursor?

Columns UI

Reply #134
weird thing is though, the i mainly use litestep and hotkeys to call dynamp commands to control foobar2k, but these aren't working with foo_columns.

my hotkey to toggle playlist still works though 
Can you explain what exactly it is you are doing and how it is meant to work?

i know, not many people on these forums use litestep

litestep is a shell replacement for windows.
what i have setup are global hotkeys (not those set within foobar2k) which tell the litestep module 'dynamp.dll' to tell foobar2k to play, to pause, to skip tracks, to go back a track, etc ..

the thing is, none of these hotkeys are working with the columns plugin for foobar2k.
i don't know exactly what the plugin changes in foobar2k, it could be that the litestep plugin depends on some code in the default foobar interface to work.

i'm sure i can find a way around it. i'm happily living without hotkeys for the time being - this plugin is just too slick 
_
psy.

Columns UI

Reply #135

Yes, grid.
Pricelist-like (every second cell's background is different from the "main" color) background would be great too.

here's what I got with a little stringing : screenshot
sorry the screenshot was made to show how bb4win looked, not my foobar2000 string ^^;

anyway, here's what you can use as a color string to have a different color for every other line :

Code: [Select]
$if($strcmp($mod(%_playlist_number%,2),0),000000|555555|999999|FFFFFF, 000000|555555|FFFFFF|FFFFFF)

this string just checks if the line number can be divide by 2 (then line_number mod 2 = 0), and if it is, it sets "999999" as the background color, otherwise it sets it to FFFFFF. Those colors are ugly, but it's just to give you an example ^^

I lost my string when I installed fb2k 0.8b, so I'll have to do it again T_T, good thing you can export them now 

PS : how do you call a number that has no remainder when you divide it by 2 in english ?
edit : an "even number" ! I knew it lol.

Columns UI

Reply #136
what i have setup are global hotkeys (not those set within foobar2k) which tell the litestep module 'dynamp.dll' to tell foobar2k to play, to pause, to skip tracks, to go back a track, etc ..

the thing is, none of these hotkeys are working with the columns plugin for foobar2k.
i don't know exactly what the plugin changes in foobar2k, it could be that the litestep plugin depends on some code in the default foobar interface to work.

That sounds like this dynamp.dll uses window messages to pass commands to fb2k. Since there is no official API based on window messages, this problem will have to be solved by the developer of dynamp.dll.

Columns UI

Reply #137
QUOTE (kerpondile @ Feb 8 2004, 09:02 PM)   
It seems that foo_ui_columns doesn't play songs at order. When you have selected another song (=some other song, which is not currently playing), and the current song ends it jumps to the song that is selected.

Is this intended? hope you understand...   

Are you sure you dont just have follow cursor on?

That was it! thanks

It seems the problem has come back in beta8 :/

Where I should exactly disable follow cursor?

again i got it working

Columns UI

Reply #138
That sounds like this dynamp.dll uses window messages to pass commands to fb2k. Since there is no official API based on window messages, this problem will have to be solved by the developer of dynamp.dll.

yeah, i dunno what the module is doing exactly, but changing my litestep hotkeys from calling dynamps '!amppause' or '!ampnext' commands to calling 'foobar2000.exe /playpause' or 'foobar2000.exe /next' works great
_
psy.

Columns UI

Reply #139

There is another litestep plugin that was mentioned on these boards not too long ago (can't recall the name atm) which uses the foo_remote.dll plugin to control foobar.  You might switch to that one, as foo_remote has a defined message interface, and interacts with fb2k using the fb2k sdk, so it won't break when using a different interface etc.

Columns UI

Reply #140

Yes exactly.

A little space is kinda nice i think.

I added a bit of space for now in alpha 9, which btw is compiled with the 0.8 sdk, so you will have to move to 0.8 beta if you want to use alpha 9, sorry.

Jeez fine...

This is a LOT of space though... I was thinking more along the lines of 3 spacebars of Tahoma at 8pt.

Columns UI

Reply #141
anyway, here's what you can use as a color string to have a different color for every other line :

Code: [Select]
$if($strcmp($mod(%_playlist_number%,2),0),000000|555555|999999|FFFFFF, 000000|555555|FFFFFF|FFFFFF)

this string just checks if the line number can be divide by 2 (then line_number mod 2 = 0), and if it is, it sets "999999" as the background color, otherwise it sets it to FFFFFF. Those colors are ugly, but it's just to give you an example ^^

Much thanks for this gem

Columns UI

Reply #142
Request.

Ok situation is this:

2 playlists, each with many songs.
There is one song in question that is on both playlists.

1) Play song via playlist 1.
2) Go to playlist 2.
3) Double click status bar.
4) It automatically switches back to playlist 1, rather than locating the song in playlist 2.

I would suggest that it does not switch playist, rather that it locate the song in the current playlist... or is this controlled somewhere else new in the new betas?

(I think 0.7.7b did what I am requesting, not what I am describing.)

Columns UI

Reply #143
I would suggest that it does not switch playist, rather that it locate the song in the current playlist... or is this controlled somewhere else new in the new betas?

(I think 0.7.7b did what I am requesting, not what I am describing.)

I think double clicking the status bar in foo_ui_columns runs the command "Playlist/Highlight now playing" (or whatever it is called exactly, I can't this check now). This command is implemented in the core; the behaviour you are describing is standard for 0.8.

Columns UI

Reply #144
just had to post what my fb2k window is looking like with this component 
_
psy.

Columns UI

Reply #146
very nice setup, psynapse!

agreed...

would anyone be interested in a site for foo_columns formatting?

I could probably throw one together in a jiffy.

Columns UI

Reply #147

My bad, fixed in beta 1.
BTW, I can't get right click on playlist tab - 'Load playlist...' to work. Works OK from Menu and works in default UI.
Fixed in beta 1.

I LOVE this UI. Thanks musicmusic!
Your welcome

I think double clicking the status bar in foo_ui_columns runs the command "Playlist/Highlight now playing" (or whatever it is called exactly, I can't this check now).

Yes, that is what it does. I was thinking about making it customisable though.
my only little gripe is that at the moment there's no way to make a column fixed width.
it'd be great if those 2 columns could stay the same width when resizing the window

The "no horizontal scrollbar mode" is a bit crappy right now. Allowing you to fix the width of each columns might be a good idea as you say, I'll see how much hassle it would be to implement...

Anyway, beta 1, mostly bug fixes.

Complete changelog:
beta 1
- selection menu items in playlist context menu
- now playing context menu items in systray context menu
- fixed cannot delete active tab/playlist
- in tabs contextmenu, fixed "Load playlist", added "Save all playlists"
- extra space between playlist & statusbar should be fixed now also some statusbar sizing bugs causing wierdness when resizing
- fixed resource leak in main menu, also improved menu behaviour slightly
- fixed some other min/max related bugs
- minimium size of window is now set
- can use playlist as source for drag & drop operations via rightmouse button (no context menu as yet)
- use new 0.8 functions to process dropped files so can drop .urls etc now
- some improvements to rebar (set some minumim widths/heights, made playback buttons slightly smaller)
- fixed inaccuracy in seekbar
- double clicking the volume/selected tracks time does the same actios as in standard ui.
- option to switch playlist when dragging items over its tab
- when items dropped over a tab, they are added to that playlist

Columns UI

Reply #148
Ok new version...

Drag and drop ROCKS!  Is this present in the default UI by the way, because I never noticed it before.  When I drag to windows explorer, I get the same context menu that I would with a zip file for some reason ("Extract to...", "Extract here", "Extract each archive to a seperate folder", "Copy Here", and "Cancel").  This might be because I have IZARC installed, but I'm not sure.

Anyhow, are there going to be a full slew of drag and drop options, like copy, move, etc.?  That would be great.

Also in the config box, the text for the option of dragging over playist tabs does not fit in the little border thing around the edge.

Thats all for now.  I will report new bugs when/if I find them.

Columns UI

Reply #149
I really love ui_columns.  I'm always hungry for the next release.  Having said that, the newer versions (beginning with alpha 9) have added a couple of bugs that have been driving me crazy.

1) When set to minimize to taskbar instead of system tray, Foobar will not be focused on currently playing track when minimized and restored.  It will instead be focused on the top of the playlist.

2) If Foobar is in fullscreen mode when the program is closed, it will not restore to fullscreen mode when restarted, but a window with the same dimensions as fullscreen mode.  The beta 1 release seems to have partially addressed this, as the window mode is identical to fullscreen mode after a close and launch.  Still, might be nice if this could be cleaned up that little extra bit.

There are some additional options I'd really love to see implemented in ui_columns.  Most of them are straight from the default UI.  They include:

1) Ability to select "Do/don't show "now playing" submenu in rightclick menu".  I like my menus to stay thin.

2) Along similar lines, ability to select "Do/don't show keyboard shortcuts in menus".  That thin menu thing again.

3) Ability to select "Do/don't show volume in status bar".

4) Ability to select from the other default system tray icons included in the foobar2000.exe.  I know you can get them out of the exe and select them as a custom icon, but it would be mighty nice if there were an easier option built right into the config menu.

Since these are all options in the default UI config, I wonder if it would make sense to allow ui_columns to use all default UI config settings that are not overridden by options in the ui_columns settings.  If this were possible, it could free up some of the space on the second configuration page.  There would be no need, for example, to duplicate the system tray settings.

Just ideas.  I love ui_columns anyway.  I know it's helped me successfully pitch foobar2000 on more than one occasion to winamp junkies.

Thanks for all the time and work!

PS:  Your link for alpha 8 is not quite correct.  It points to foo_ui_column_07.dll.  It needs to point to foo_ui_columns_07.dll.

Edit: Stupid spelling errors.