Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta (Read 372520 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #100
Here goes Version 0.92
http://chron.visiondesigns.de/foobar2000/f..._spam_v0.92.zip

Changes
  • Implemented IPC_GETTIMEDISPLAYMODE (lParam 610) - always returns 0 (displaying elapsed time)
  • Implemented lParams 1237188, 1241704, 1242024, 1243292 - are not implemented in winamp, evillyrics spams them for unknown reasons - made them do nothing (stops console spam)

Made a hp for my components
http://chron.visiondesigns.de/foobar2000/

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #102
Thanks to r1ch and Chronial for keeping up with this. Can't say i'm using it anymore (switched to foosion's COM Server and a COM client of my own) but kudos are definitely deserved here. Good job

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #103
Hey Chronial,

I use this plugin primarily for Gtalk's Now Playing mode. My console gets spammed with "Warning: foo_winamp_spam. lParam 120 not supported". Would you be able to fix that? Thanks.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #104
How did you get it to work with Gtalk?
Gtalk neither shows my current track nor causes console spam. The now playing feature just does not work at all.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #106
So we are at v0.93
http://chron.visiondesigns.de/foobar2000/f..._spam_v0.93.zip

Changes:
Implemented IPC_WRITEPLAYLIST (lParam 120) - If there is no winamp path set in registry, foobar sets it to its settings path during startup and deletes in on shutdown. Playlist is written into this path, so foobar will overwrite your winamp playlist, if this feature is activated and winamp installed.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #108
Is there any chance implementing something like checking if user is seeking (in foobar, not through IPC_JUMPTOTIME)?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #109
I'm sorry, but this component should emulate the winamp api, and I will not implement any other functionality than that.

Or did I get you wrong?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #110
No, I didn't, but I just hope you can implement it, but if not, it doesn't matter. I'll try to do it on my own. Anyway thanks!

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #111
Hi, just found out that there is an updated Version. Evillyrics (build 142) still spams my console. I have the following version of the plugin:

foo_winamp_spam.dll (2006-12-09 23:36:08)
    Winamp API Emulator 0.93

The message is: WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 1235828.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #112
So we are at v0.93
http://chron.visiondesigns.de/foobar2000/f..._spam_v0.93.zip

Changes:
Implemented IPC_WRITEPLAYLIST (lParam 120) - If there is no winamp path set in registry, foobar sets it to its settings path during startup and deletes in on shutdown. Playlist is written into this path, so foobar will overwrite your winamp playlist, if this feature is activated and winamp installed.

Hi! Thank you so much for taking over the development! Works like a charm

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #113
Thanks for the update ;D
-foobar2000 + Burrrn + EAC
-HD 80Gb using High QualityVBR MP3s

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #114
Hi, just found out that there is an updated Version. Evillyrics (build 142) still spams my console. I have the following version of the plugin:

foo_winamp_spam.dll (2006-12-09 23:36:08)
    Winamp API Emulator 0.93

The message is: WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 1235828.

Evillyrics must generate these numbers at random ^^.
Will be fixed in the next release

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #116
Thanks for the update. Here is the error I still get:
WARNING : foo_winamp_spam: Unsupported WM_USER, lParam 1243188.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #117
R1CH, I was wondering if it could be possible to also return dynamic info in the string. Things like %playback_time% and the playlist index\length.

I don't quite know if I understood this request correctly, but did you have a look at cwb_hooks?

Well, did a release for all the poor evillyrics haunted people out there
Get it here

Changes:
Fixed the Evillyrics spam - all lParam > 1200000 are ignored (they don't have any meaning after all)

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #118
Is it posible to use this plugin to control Winamp visualisations. That would be awesome.
last.fm/user/antropocentrio

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #119
Frankly, Even i don't remember why i asked that

Probably had to do with the plugin not returning info for winamp API calls that involve dynamic info, especially playlist position\length.

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #120
Is it posible to use this plugin to control Winamp visualisations. That would be awesome.

Once and for all:
The aim of this component is to imitate winamp's behavior towards other applications (like your mIRC plugin, google talk etc.). I am not going to add any feature to this component that is not present in winamp or is part of winamp's internal behavior (like winamp's communication with it's visualizations).

I hope this makes it clear.
(No, I'm not pissed or something alike - just wanted to make that clear )

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #121
It is possible add playlist-number of playing track?

When i use current version of plugin i see next:

I use PowerOff program and it have option - shutdown after "n" winamp tracks are played (not work!).
Also it have option - show track name in header of active window (work!)

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #122
Sry, I didn't quite understand your problem.

Can you give me the exact name or a download link of the program that is not working?

foo_winamp_spam 0.9 beta

Reply #124
First off thank you for developing this compenent, I primarily use it for my playback info on google talk. There are however a couple issues I'd like to bring up and hopefully have resolved.

1) Is there any way to reduce the frequency which this program rewrites the winamp playlist? Under the current version it appears the playlist gets rewritten nearly every second which can cause a race condition resulting in sharing errors when other programs are trying to read the playlist. Maybe have it only update when the track changes and/or playback state changes?

2) Real winamp writes meta information as a comment on a line between the filename lines. While I generally dislike using comments as code, many 3rd party programs for winamp process this information. Specifically I am trying to get X-Winamp for XChat working.. it is able to report the currently playing track however unable to discover the filename based on the playlist for the fileserver options.