Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 troubleshooter improperly suggests download of foo_facets.dll (Read 853 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 troubleshooter improperly suggests download of foo_facets.dll

This is minor, but I thought I'd still report it. When I run the foobar2000 online troubleshooter, I see the following:

foobar2000 troubleshooter

The following components found on your system are known to be problematic and should be either uninstalled or updated to their latest versions:

foo_facets.dll : Facets 1.0
Reason: Repeated crash reports.
Download the latest version...

I'm already using foo_facets.dll 1.0 as per what is available through the download link in the online troubleshooter, so it's not possible to download the latest version to fix the problematic component message. Shouldn't the link to download the latest version be removed from the troubleshooter? Development on this component appears to be dead.