Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Hydrogen Audio easier for Search Engines? (Read 3353 times) previous topic - next topic

Hydrogen Audio easier for Search Engines?

Topic Title and Topic Description pretty much say it.

Has something changed at Board Level to allow Search Engines to sniff through HA more easily? There are loads of new users recently* (no moaning about newbie questions)... If this site is becoming the one that is picked up instead of r3mix, that is excellent news all round!

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']* Hopefully its not just my imagination  [/span]

Reply #1
If I type 'MP3 Encoding' in Google the first hit is 'r3mix - the truth about mp3 encoding' and no sign of HA.

Reply #2
Yes something was done to make HA more search engine friendly.

Reply #3
I found this site by reading some links in the Ars Technica forums where I noticed someone mentioned Dibrom and his magical presets. One slow day at work, I decided to check out their forums since I am planning on building a new machine in May/June. Never much of a forum reader before, now I read HA and Ars everyday.

I had used LAME before but not the presets and had never heard of mpc files before. Now when I rip, I make sure I have the offset and gap and now flac,lame -ape, and mpc the files.

Now look at what you've done!
"Droplets of Yes and No, in an ocean of Maybe"

Reply #4
If I type 'MP3 Encoding' in Google the first hit is 'r3mix - the truth about mp3 encoding' and no sign of HA.

What's worse, if you search for 'alt presets', HA isn't the first link.

Reply #5

What's worse, if you search for 'alt presets', HA isn't the first link.

The first link has a very good explanation though.

Reply #6
@ wynlynd : Your story is echoed a thousand times @ HA! 

Some English Search Engine Results

Lycos.co.uk :
3. Xing Technology Corporation
4. mp3-encoders.com - looks worryingly bad
5. Razorlame
6. Radified Guide to Ripping CD Audio & MP3 Encoding

Ask.co.uk :
2. Xing
5. LAME LAME Aint an MP3 Encoder - this will stop newbies clicking.
8. r3mix

uk.altavista.com :  -- Not worth using

anyway, you get the gist... Newbies will head straight towards False information, and low quality MP3's, and Kazaa will become more and more synonymous in my mind as 'unlistenably abhorrent'

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Edit: Some bits and bobs[/span]