Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Track/Album Gain & Wavpack (Read 3463 times) previous topic - next topic

Track/Album Gain & Wavpack

I'm just wondering how to calculate or maybe even change manually replay gain values for wavpack files.
I have seen that the Winamp plugin would support replay gain principally.

Is there any possibility to include track/album gain values within Ape v2.0 tags?

Reply #1
foobar2000

Reply #2
Hmm... well, i was afraid of this answer a little bit...
How to tell it in order not to conjure up waves of outcries?

Till now i haven't yet found my personal access to that program.

But it seems i can't no longer ignore its powerful functionalities.
By the way, is it true that some functions are executable over a command line?
What would make it much more easier to leave 'my' dos box...

However i generally should be happy that at least one program is able to set replay gains on wavpack files.

Reply #3
Would it possible in future times once to complete the Winamp input plugin for wavpack with a preamp slider (like the Ogg and Flac plugin has)?

As you may imagine even on pop/rock tracks without a strong dynamic compression replaygain cause a notable loudness reduction, i guess all the album gains are around 4db. - Something like a premap slider could reduce this effect a bit, specelly confronting with MP3 files in the collection.