Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Parametric EQ? (Read 4894 times) previous topic - next topic

Parametric EQ?

I think Foobar2000 uses Shibatch superequ, but where is the parametric eq settings?

Parametric EQ?

Reply #2
Can you please explain what you mean by that, I honestly don't understand what you're trying to ask.

A parametric equalizer can be used to boost or reduce certain ranges of frequencies. As opposed to the graphic eq that's currently in fb2k, it allows you to set not only the attenuation of the frequency bands, but also the center frequency and the bandwidth of the filters.

the dsp_supereq for winamp2 offered this functionality, I'd guess that this is the feature mp3chan is looking for.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Parametric EQ?

Reply #3
The super equ let's a user equalize his/her sound with either a graphical equalizer (in foobar) and a parametric equalizer (not in foobar as far as I know).

paramatric equalizer: state the lower and upper frequency and the change in volume. A very nice and good way to equalize music.
to bring the pieces back together we need to rediscover communication.

Parametric EQ?

Reply #4
right.. right.. my bad
I just don't use it, I forgot how it's implemented in foobar.

I'm gonna have a look at rewriting the EQ tho,

Aim is that you could adjust frequency, Q and gain on the bands instead of two frequencies for bandwidth and to fit it with lo/hi-shelf filter.
low priority

edit: I'm, ofcourse, talking about a strictly parametric layout.

Parametric EQ?

Reply #5
Parametric eq can be very usefull to fix narrow frequency unflatness of your audio system. Usually it happens at low frequency. Try to hear sweep tones, usually you will hear the unflatness at freq 20Hz - 200Hz.

Parametric EQ?

Reply #6
The Parametric EQ disappeared when Peter modified the EQ code for foobar. When asked whether it could make its way back into the component, he grumbled something about the SDK and lazy people :)