Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_utils (Read 180094 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_utils

Reply #150
Not at the moment

Reply #151
Hello  NEMO7538,
thanks for the answer! Any plans to include that feature (I guess in foo_utils)?

Reply #153
I was having an issue where my playlist (DUI) wouldn't center when jumping to a track, it would either highlight the track at the top or bottom of the screen depending on which way it had to jump to get there. Removing foo_utils fixed it for me. Don't know if it's easily reproducible, a quirk of my system, or a weird interaction with another component, but thought I'd put it out there in case anyone else runs into it. People in this thread were having similar issues with other plugins...

Reply #154
That is odd. The plugin does not even interact with the playlist view by any means that should cause such behaviour.

Reply #155
There was probably no cause and effect in play. As I mentioned in the other thread, it's likely a coincidence.

Reply #156
Yeah, sorry foosion, looks like Jailhouse is right... I've been having the issue for 2 weeks straight, took out utils and it worked perfectly fine for the first time. Worked again the next time I started foobar. And now it's back to not working with nothing changed. Not sure what about the act of removing utils made it want to work for a second, but I guess it wasn't actually related to your plugin. Very odd (and annoying) bug...

Reply #157
Hey, I'm trying to output the current song and artist to a simple text file, but I can't find any documentation on how to use this component? How and what and huh?

Reply #159
(I guess in foo_utils)?

Nope.  NEMO7538 develops foo_plorg and it would have to be added there.
Hello marc2003,
thanks for your hint! As NEMO7538 is not planning to enable a visual indication for read-only playlists in foo_plorg - do you have any alternative how to visualize locked playlists (outside/inside foo_plorg)?
Thanks, MojoBass

Reply #160
Comrades, could you be so kind to share the latest foo_utils (since its home does not exist anymore)?
I just want an obvious option to lock a playlist without extra bells and whistles.
• We can do better about lossy music: Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is a departure from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Clipping-free MP3 encoding for vintage gear: SoX to 44.1 kHz → LoudMax -1 dB ISP → ADClip8 → Smart dither 16 bit → Lame3995o -Q1
• Plz, update WavPack hybrid & FSLAC

Reply #161
Alright, foo_utils 0.6.2 beta 6 is found.
Now you can download it either here or there https://l.idrix.fr/oYiFM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
XXH128 = 838183baa99cb40f0c7ef1b73d308bdb
SHA256 = 67508d5bf7b215b781a7c81bd195fc6c2e259de50dcfdf3baa6264f9235f707d
Blake3 = 50842a2018b87959b389ba4c52779fb11f6530b5ebf408ae2470adc8efe95466
• We can do better about lossy music: Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is a departure from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Clipping-free MP3 encoding for vintage gear: SoX to 44.1 kHz → LoudMax -1 dB ISP → ADClip8 → Smart dither 16 bit → Lame3995o -Q1

Reply #164
Comrades, could you be so kind to share the latest foo_utils (since its home does not exist anymore)?
I just want an obvious option to lock a playlist without extra bells and whistles.
https://foosion.foobar2000.org/ is back online.
Thank you.
There is a plugin called foo_locktest (Playlist Lock Test) that can help to protect playlists from changes.
However, unlike foo_utils, it seems to affect only one chosen playlist, the rest of them remain unprotected. :(

Reply #165
Hello here!

Could it possible to provide foo_utils.dll in 64 bits?

I don't know who to contact, not sure if the author is going to receive a notification.

Reply #166
What features do you need?
Playlist Tools (foo_utils) 0.6.2 beta 6
https://foosion.foobar2000.org/components/?id=utils&version=0.6.2+beta+6
-------
> Format text from track information and copy to clipboard or save to file
Text Tools (foo_texttools)
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_texttools
Add context menu > Utilities > Text Tools

> Protect playlists against editing
Playlist Attributes (foo_playlist_attributes)
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_playlist_attributes
Menu > Edit > Playlist attributes > Playlist restrictions...
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Ultrasone Performance 880, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45, SONY WH-1000XM5 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #168
This is a standard feature.
Look at the image above.

Playlist View context menu > Utilities > Send to playlist...

Utilities > Send to playlist...
If "Send to playlist..." is not displayed, please check "Preferences > Display > Context Menu > Utilities".

Register this to "Keyboard Shortcus" (Preferences > Keyboard Shortcus)

SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Ultrasone Performance 880, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45, SONY WH-1000XM5 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #169
Utilities > Send to playlist...
If "Send to playlist..." is not displayed, please check "Preferences > Display > Context Menu > Utilities".

Sorry, I mean to send a song to a specific playlist, without using a menu to choose that playlist. That feature exists in foo_utils.

Reply #170
Context menu > Legacy Commands (unsorted) > Send to Playlist or Add to Playlist > Playlist name

It's the item above, right?
This was convenient
Unfortunately, it's not 64 bit.

Reply #171
yes

no 64 bit? you don't have the source anymore?

Reply #172
Now that foo_utils is part of the standard, we have to ask Peter. Or someone else.

Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,116509.0.html

Reply #174
Isn't that a stupid question after taking so long to reply?