Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar and Cue Sheets (Read 10316 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar and Cue Sheets

I'm currently using 0.96 with a portable installation on my flash drive. I listen to many recorded radio broadcasts and livesets with external cue sheets and I happen to have a few queries:

1. For radio shows I like to add a custom tag (%radioshow%) indicating what show I'm listening to. When I add this tag I usually load the cue sheet and the associated "image" file (i.e. the file referred to in the FILE line in the cue sheet) and select all the files, go to "properties" and add the tag.

However once I have added this tag, it is shown in the image file but not in the individual tracks from the cue sheet. Should I repeat the process once more, the change is made to the tracks in the cue. Is this behaviour intended? It gets a bit tiring to input the same information twice.

2. I have some particularly long broadcasts (over 7 hours) and I tried loading a cue sheet with over 100 tracks in it. However Foobar refused to load the cue sheet and the console indicated the following:

could not enumerate tracks (Error parsing cuesheet: invalid track number (line 400)) on:
C:\Media\Live Sets\A State of Trance\Armin van Buuren - A State of Trance, episode 250\Armin van Buuren - A State of Trance, episode 250 (05-25-2006).cue

From what I can tell the formatting of the cue sheet is fine (that particular line defines track 100), is this perhaps a bug with Foobar or have a overlooked some error contained in the cue sheet?

3. Lastly, is an issue that has been raised on various occasions. Concerning the duplicating of the image file and cue sheets within the media library. The latest version aims to rectify the situation by excluding cue sheets by default (something that had me stumped for a few minutes until I worked out what the issue was  ), however imho this solution may cause more confusion with new users than intended.

Would not a more suitable solution be a simple checkbox in the media library preferences window indicating something like "Hide image files associated with cuesheets"? Could such an option be considered or is the implementation of such a solution more complex than it appears on the surface? Obviously I could embed the cue sheets, however I prefer not to do so for various reasons.

4. While I've gone to the trouble of making a topic, perhaps I have one additional suggestion concerning the portability of foobar. Would it be possible to include the ability to insert a function along the lines of %hostdrive% or something similar. The idea is to have insert this function in paths contained in the media library so that media contained on the same portable drive is monitored on all PCs whatever drive letter is allocated to the device.

I hope that the above is clear enough for a discussion. I'd also like to convey my humble thanks to Peter for such an awesome piece of software!

Foobar and Cue Sheets

Reply #1
I can address #3:

This is how I have configured foobar2000 to view both CUE and MP3. I personally prefer this way:

This is the code for displaying it:

Code: [Select]
$if3(%band%,%album artist%) - ['['%date%']' ]%album% '['$upper($ext(%path%))']'

in Facets Preferences:

Cheers,
McoreD

Foobar and Cue Sheets

Reply #2
Regarding #3:

You could rename all your image files to *.cue.mp3 and then exclude *.cue.mp3 from your media library.

Foobar and Cue Sheets

Reply #3
2. I have some particularly long broadcasts (over 7 hours) and I tried loading a cue sheet with over 100 tracks in it. However Foobar refused to load the cue sheet and the console indicated the following:

Unfortunately, it's a known limitation of foobar2000 (version 0.9 and higher).
The past  was yesterday...

Foobar and Cue Sheets

Reply #4
@~*McoreD*~: That looks rather nice. My titleformatting is really shoddy but perhaps I could experiment to suit my needs.

Regarding #3:

You could rename all your image files to *.cue.mp3 and then exclude *.cue.mp3 from your media library.

I'm aware of this option however given the number of cue sheets I have, this is not feasible. Furthermore I don't think it's a particularly elegant solution, imho. Does it not make more sense to have an option within the foobar core itself to exclude image files?

Unfortunately, it's a known limitation of foobar2000 (version 0.9 and higher).

Ah I see. I tried to search for such a problem but I couldn't find anything. I guess I'll have to split that particular file into smaller bite-sized chunks

Foobar and Cue Sheets

Reply #5
Regarding #3:
There is one more option to hide image files in library - all you need is to hide this files in explorer (make it hidden).
Unfortunately i can't find how make it directly from foobar.
It will be great if developers add this feature in file operations plugin.