Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 doesn't detect %album artist% MISSING (Read 3998 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 doesn't detect %album artist% MISSING

I made an autoplaylist with "%album artist% MISSING" and that doesn't show tracks with that tag missing.
Can anyone help? Thanks. Senan

Reply #1
%album artist%
Name of the artist of the album specified track belongs to. Checks following metadata fields, in this order: “album artist”, “artist”, “composer”, “performer”.

To search for the album artist field only, use:

Code: [Select]
album artist MISSING

Reply #2
%album artist%
Name of the artist of the album specified track belongs to. Checks following metadata fields, in this order: “album artist”, “artist”, “composer”, “performer”.

album artist MISSING

Woah! I had no idea that %%'s were "groups" of fields. This kinda changes alot for me. Thanks Frank!

Reply #3
%album artist%

album artist MISSING

But this breaks my other code..
'$if(album artist MISSING,$rgb(7,17,105),$rgb(255,0,0))Album Artist $rgb(7,17,105)|'

It always shows "Album Artist" in red, even if it's not missing.. 

Reply #4
Queries cannot be used within title formatting.

$if($meta(album artist),... // swap your then and else parts

This is bad style though, and chances are you do not need such an indicator.

Album artist should remain empty for albums by a single artist. Take a good look at the default and suggested patterns throughout the whole program. You will not find any $if thanks to how %album artist% and other fields have been defined. Make sure to look up %artist% and %track artist% as well.

PS: Please refrain from full-quoting.

Reply #5
But this breaks my other code..
'$if(album artist MISSING,$rgb(7,17,105),$rgb(255,0,0))Album Artist $rgb(7,17,105)|'

It always shows "Album Artist" in red, even if it's not missing.. 

Frank didn't elaborate but you must use $meta(album artist) if you want foobar to look for an album artist tag only.

As for that code, you've mixed querying syntax and title formatting and as you found out, it didn't work. I would do as Frank suggested above, but if changing your title formatting as he suggested would create too many difficulties for you, you should be able to insert $not($meta(album artist)) where you have "album artist MISSING" in your above code.