Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Suggestion - Refresh Option/Button (Read 1930 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggestion - Refresh Option/Button

Suggesting/requesting a refresh option to be added to Foobar2000

Thought about a button, but I feel like a menu option would be a better idea. I'm still open on the idea of a button.

Re: Suggestion - Refresh Option/Button

Reply #1
Refresh what?

Reply #2
The main window. To keep the displayed information up to date.

Reply #3
In general the displayed information is up to date automatically. In which case does it not happen for you?

Reply #4
When adding front cover artwork.

Reply #6
Is this the sort of thing you're after? There's two options under the right click "tagging" menu for reloading info from files (I can't remember if they're enabled by default).

If a button is created for the purpose and the files in question are in a playlist and you click on a playlist tab before clicking the button, all the files in the playlist are "refreshed", otherwise you can reload the info for just selected files.

Reply #7
Just re why forced refresh can be useful, if the tags have been edited in a program that supports retaining the original date modified timestamp (such as Mp3Tag, optionally, there may be others) then the 'Reload info from file(s)' (not the 'if changed' variant) existing context menu item is handy since foobar2000 doesn't detect such changes automatically (if added to the file itself, external cover art is obviously different).

Any such menu items can also be added as a toolbar button manually or bound to a hotkey.