Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Beginner ?: Converting 96khz to 44.1khz. (Read 4341 times) previous topic - next topic

Beginner ?: Converting 96khz to 44.1khz.

I'm sure this is a very simple answer, but I can't seem to figure it out. I've recently started recording w/ an omni studio/ delta 66 on a G4 w/ Delta Logic w/ a sampling rate of 96 khz/ 24 bit. I want to bounce to a 44.1 khz aiff in order to burn to CD, but it ends up slowing the track down. I also tried converting the sample rate within Logic, but that doesn't seem to work either. How do I do this? PLEASE HELP

Reply #1
I don't presently have Logic installed. I know Sound Forge does the re-sampling easily and well. Sorry can't offer more help.

Reply #2
Originally posted by jcdub
I'm sure this is a very simple answer, but I can't seem to figure it out. I've recently started recording w/ an omni studio/ delta 66 on a G4 w/ Delta Logic w/ a sampling rate of 96 khz/ 24 bit. I want to bounce to a 44.1 khz aiff in order to burn to CD, but it ends up slowing the track down. I also tried converting the sample rate within Logic, but that doesn't seem to work either. How do I do this? PLEASE HELP

I'm not sure if this will help or not but I have a Delta1010 and use Logic (though on windows).  I've seen the problem you have described before, and the last time it happened to me I believe it was because in the soundcard's control applet I had the setting "lock sampling rate" checked.  Maybe you should check to make sure you have this turned off and see if that helps any.  I believe the Delta66 uses a similar control panel to that of the Delta1010 so it might make sense.