Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Which bookshelf passive speaker? (Read 14969 times) previous topic - next topic

Which bookshelf passive speaker?

Reply #25
Have you considered the Paradigm Studio 20 v5? That is what I have and I'm very happy with the performance so far.

We've been auditioning some floor standing speakers lately. One of the best IMHO was the Martin Logan Motion 20. They make a bookshelf version of it called the Motion 15 that fits your price range. I really liked the air motion transformer tweeter they had, lots of detail without ever being too harsh.

Thank you - both look interesting, but aren't easy to find here for an audition. Both look good too, and I can't help wondering how much of their price is for looks.
A general question - how much, if any, of how a speaker sounds is influenced by what is the nature of the cone material and surround? As long as both have the necessary physical qualities to serve for a long working life, does it matter what the actual materials are? There is so much of variety of cone materials employed from plastics to kevlar to hemp fibres and more.