Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Curaçao by Br3tt (Read 335490 times) previous topic - next topic

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #100
Br3tt, there's a little mistake with ratings. The captions are not right (1 star - megahit, 5 stars - average, etc)

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #101
Chill out guys!  There is no need to put posts like "you should do this or that...". Br3tt gives us so many great configurations and his coding is brilliant because if you take a look you will find a way to mod it easily..

Personally I pointed here some "lacks" but it was basically for telling my opinion. I found the way to "patch" the config like i want it, in about an hour...(ok you must know some basic things about Foobar configs and programming, but its never too late to learn and its easy if you are  observant)

Here is a dirty and quick way of replacing a graphical browser (artist list) with album list panel until Br3tt make his update... (sorry if i make a mistake, i did it quickly and it worked, so i don't care if its 100% right) Don't forget to put the album list panel in your components folder first!

Step 1:

Step 2:

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #102
Thank you Brett for next gorgeous config !!!
Unfortunately, I couldn`t find so useful Filter panel in Curacao as in Kung-foo one (imho), like sorting by genre,artist,album and album list panel of cource
so, I use Kung-foo further, cuz it`s devilishly well done for me
but, Curacao... it has very nice look..
just would to know, are you planning to add something like this for Curacao or not ? (I meant filter panel)
Thank you.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #103
For me, IBIZA II with a Curacao look and feel would be ideal 

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #104
I found the way to "patch" the config like i want it, in about an hour...

Hey, thats great Pacman!! I mentioned earlier that playlist switcher was too small for me. Now Ive just changed the height for the _PLAYLISTS panel like Pacman did with _PLAYLISTS2 and it works just the way I had in mind

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #105
Thanks for criticism of my criticism, guys!

I would have been glad to make a mod of this configuration implementing all of my suggestions (I do know titleformatting just enough not to be that helpless!), but I'll have to stick to my customized KUNG-FOO (for which I am grateful to Falstaff, no doubts) for obvious reasons: this layout is thoroughly designed to work the other way!

It's easy to replace Artist list with Albums list and the main playlist with one from Ibiza, KUNG-FOO or any other or custom playlist viewer layout. But that would inevitably break the alphabetic index and the graphical cover/artist browser, because, as I see it, the whole concept of Curacao's navigation is just a way of overcoming Graphical Browser's shortcomings: it is not a true media library viewer, it is a playlist panel. It cannot pass media library queries and generate playlists itself. Hence the whole library-in-an-autoplaylist concept, right, Falstaff? And neither can Album list panel (or any other media library viewer) act as a contents index of a playlist, it can only create or modify one. That's why Falstaff has used another Graphical Browser panel with its focus/follow functionality as an Artist list.

So there is no sense in taking my suggestion directly to this layout, as it would break the rest of the navigation. I have now realized that sinсe by nature this layout can take none of my suggestions, my criticism could not have been constructive

P.S. Hope no offence is taken, anyway!

P.P.S. Now, on second thoughts, one could replace GB-powered cover browser panel with a media library query capable panel like Chronflow or the alternative one (forgot its name). But that would still not be useful without dramatically increasing its size. Which in turn would make it too large to be integrated into the bottom panel (or, enlarging the panel itself, would make it occupy too much space in the window). Not to mention that it would not substitute the Artist GB panel. No, enlarging the cover browser one would have to make it a separate hidden panel. In short, as I've said, the way I see it implementing my suggestions would take a total remake of this layout.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #107
@falstaff
Very, very, very nice work! 
I was really surprised that i could load your config on my very old machine (ibiza doesn't load on it, caused by the buggy chronflow, which doesn't do it on my pc).

You know, i'm new in configuring foobar, but I'm in to work on my own config.
So i ask you, if it is allowed to use your EL Playlist configuration as "sample" (it is great for learning about using EL Playlist) for doing my own work in my config?
(I love your blinking play-arrow  , although i don't need it in my config)

And in your ibiza config, there is a play.png (74*74).
May i use it too for my own config?

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #108
Thanks for criticism of my criticism, guys!

I would have been glad to make a mod of this configuration implementing all of my suggestions (I do know titleformatting just enough not to be that helpless!), but I'll have to stick to my customized KUNG-FOO (for which I am grateful to Falstaff, no doubts) for obvious reasons: this layout is thoroughly designed to work the other way!

It's easy to replace Artist list with Albums list and the main playlist with one from Ibiza, KUNG-FOO or any other or custom playlist viewer layout. But that would inevitably break the alphabetic index and the graphical cover/artist browser, because, as I see it, the whole concept of Curacao's navigation is just a way of overcoming Graphical Browser's shortcomings: it is not a true media library viewer, it is a playlist panel. It cannot pass media library queries and generate playlists itself. Hence the whole library-in-an-autoplaylist concept, right, Falstaff? And neither can Album list panel (or any other media library viewer) act as a contents index of a playlist, it can only create or modify one. That's why Falstaff has used another Graphical Browser panel with its focus/follow functionality as an Artist list.

So there is no sense in taking my suggestion directly to this layout, as it would break the rest of the navigation. I have now realized that sin?e by nature this layout can take none of my suggestions, my criticism could not have been constructive

P.S. Hope no offence is taken, anyway!

P.P.S. Now, on second thoughts, one could replace GB-powered cover browser panel with a media library query capable panel like Chronflow or the alternative one (forgot its name). But that would still not be useful without dramatically increasing its size. Which in turn would make it too large to be integrated into the bottom panel (or, enlarging the panel itself, would make it occupy too much space in the window). Not to mention that it would not substitute the Artist GB panel. No, enlarging the cover browser one would have to make it a separate hidden panel. In short, as I've said, the way I see it implementing my suggestions would take a total remake of this layout.

"That's why Falstaff has used another Graphical Browser panel with its focus/follow functionality as an Artist list."
Do i tell you this?

"Hence the whole library-in-an-autoplaylist concept, right, Falstaff?"
Maybe i don't understand and sorry about that, but why do you think i suggest this as a concept ? it's just a suggestion, and for your information (sic) it's only to explain to newbies how to use auto-playlists in foobar in the quick installation notes file ...

You have to know that there are other ways to generate playlists from the LIBRARY, and i use them a lot, i never (rarely) use Album list panel :
- the quicksearch toolbar
- the Search function in Library menu (queries)

PS : You can make suggestions, give your mind about the config, critics about it, panels that you want be added in it ... but please, don't tell us how we have to use foobar, because this way is offence . Thanx by advance.

Regards

@falstaff
Very, very, very nice work! 
I was really surprised that i could load your config on my very old machine (ibiza doesn't load on it, caused by the buggy chronflow, which doesn't do it on my pc).

You know, i'm new in configuring foobar, but I'm in to work on my own config.
So i ask you, if it is allowed to use your EL Playlist configuration as "sample" (it is great for learning about using EL Playlist) for doing my own work in my config?
(I love your blinking play-arrow  , although i don't need it in my config)

And in your ibiza config, there is a play.png (74*74).
May i use it too for my own config?

of course

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #109
@falstaff

Thank you 

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #111
I like Mr. Pacmans way better Falstaff LOL, looks like it was original in a way. Album List is the only way for me to use this theme easily since you say graphic browser doesn't work with my system...well it does but only after I have to click one of the 3 different view buttons on left side. Thanks

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #112
Hence the whole library-in-an-autoplaylist concept, right, Falstaff?

Maybe i don't understand and sorry about that, but why do you think i suggest this as a concept ? it's just a suggestion, and for your information (sic) it's only to explain to newbies how to use auto-playlists in foobar in the quick installation notes file ...

So, it was not the intended way of navigation for Curacao?!   

Well, I seriously could not suspect anyone of creating a layout where you cannot load an album using mouse only! Which it is, if you don't load the whole library into an auto-playlist first and are thus forced to use only quicksearch or library search! The strangest idea, I should say.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #113
Please, elenhil, give it a rest.
I believe everyone has a clear picture of your opinion.

terry

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #114
Just because some people seem not to realize this:

The album list is ALWAYS available from the Library menu, whether it's in any given Columns UI config as a panel or not.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #115
Just because some people seem not to realize this:

The album list is ALWAYS available from the Library menu, whether it's in any given Columns UI config as a panel or not.

Well, in playback menu you can find all the playback functions too, but i believe that there is a reason we want them as buttons...

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #116
Curaçao v1.1a released on http://br3tt.online.fr/

ChangeLog
- ELPlaylist layout optimized (30% faster than v1.0a version !! smooth scrolling)
- New code for volume button (more realistic, thanx to T.P. Wang on H.A.)
- Better background image support
- Added play_counter info in playlist (end of the title track)
- New group header in playlist
- Tweaks

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #117
This is a very nice build, love the new header 

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #118
thanks for the update:) playlist is quicker now, nice looking header

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #119
Thank you sooo much!!!

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #120
Thank you, The new header is indeed awesome.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #121
this's great,I love you to br3tt! 

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #122
1.1 is more ugly than 1.1

information of album is cumbersome

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #123
Thank you very much for the new version! The best thing is, my library playlist used to take 4 secs to open, now its down to 1 sec!  I also love the playcount in playlists and the new size of the top right panels!

I played around a bit with those panels and tried some new configurations containing queue manager and ibiza track info. 

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #124
Hey, how can we reset the playcounter?