Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Testing For Speex Beta 3 (Read 7190 times) previous topic - next topic

Testing For Speex Beta 3

I uploaded a pre-release of beta3 for which I'd like to get feedback. There are some new features like a new "ultra-wideband" mode for 32 kHz operation (up to 48 kHz) and a (intensity) stereo mode. You can get the source at: http://www.speex.org/download/Speex-1.0beta3cvs.tar.gz

So please test that code and report any bug or inconsistency you may find, especially under Windows which I couldn't test.

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #1
jmvalin wrote :
You can get the source at:http://www.speex.org/download/Speex-1.0beta3cvs.tar.gz

May i dare to wonder why you did'nt provide the binaries 
Or do you expect common users(non-programmers) to build the
binary and test the wonderful codec 
I believe there are'nt any patent issues like Xvid .

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #2
john ?

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #3
john ?

Yes???? 

OK, give me a while and I'll compile and upload win32 binaries. I'll let you know when it's done.

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #4
speexenc and speexdec beta3 win32 binaries now available at Mirror 1, below. I'll have a new version of speexdrop with all the new features implemented uploaded by the end of the day.

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #5
I think you meant Mirror 2?
Mirror 1 still has beta 2.

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #6
I think you meant Mirror 2?
Mirror 1 still has beta 2.

They're at both actually!!

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #7
I compiled my old crappy Winamp plugin + Cool Edit filter with new beta3 libraries, download here.

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #8
I compiled my old crappy Winamp plugin + Cool Edit filter with new beta3 libraries, download here.

Great Case! Thanks very much!
Juha Laaksonheimo

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #9
speexenc and speexdec beta3 win32 binaries now available at Mirror 1, below. I'll have a new version of speexdrop with all the new features implemented uploaded by the end of the day.

I just wanted to make clear that this isn't beta 3, but a pre-release (hence the 'cvs' in the name) because it might contain many bugs. For now, consider beta 2 to be likely more stable. The real beta 3 should be out soon (depending on the number of bugs found in this pre-release.

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #10
44 kHz files play at double speed!

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #11

Could you send me both the original file and the .spx file (as long as it's under 2 megs) at jean-marc.valin@hermes.usherb.ca
Also, are you using Windows, Linux, or another OS?

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #12

Winamp Speex plugin is fixed.

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #13
ok thats going to fix it  but time display is totally messed up!

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #14
Speexdrop V0.0.4, exe and source code, uploaded to Mirror 1 and Mirror 2 and available now. This version provides the new features of encoding in mono, or stereo, and encoding in a selection of sample rates rather than just 8000 and 16000Hz, as previously.

I have spent some time testing this and I think it's OK, but if you find a problem, do please let me know.

Testing For Speex Beta 3

Reply #15
I compiled my old crappy Winamp plugin + Cool Edit filter with new beta3 libraries

I've a problem with this and the previous plugin.
During listening, the plugin seem to skip some parts of the audio files, something similar to sync error and the spectrum bars below the time visualization are not displayed.. it looks as the plugin is quite always "seeking". The problem is reduced if i increase the buffer length of the WaveOut plugin but this obviously work only for short time files and the problem is still present for long time files. I'm using Winamp 2.81.
Any solution to this, Case ?

Bye, [proxima]
WavPack 4.3 -mfx5
LAME 3.97 -V5 --vbr-new --athaa-sensitivity 1