Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Genre/Artist/Album not displaying (Read 1263 times) previous topic - next topic

Genre/Artist/Album not displaying

I'm guessing this is a pretty quick fix. For some reason, whenever I add something into my library, it does not show up in the Genre, Artist, or Album fields. Can anyone guide me on how to fix this? I'm very new to this if you couldn't tell.

Here's a screenshot:

Reply #1
You added it to your media library. That screenshot shows a playlist. They are two different things.

Add the files to your chosen playlist from your media library. If you are not you aware of how to do this, it requires that you send them (probably via a right-click) after locating them in a media library viewer of your choice; Album List is available as standard, and there are others.

(Also, the term field refers to a piece of metadata within a tag, e.g. artist or track number. What you have there are columns.)

Reply #2
Got it. Thanks for the quick response!

Reply #3
Glad to help! Of course, you can also send files to a playlist from Explorer without having to add them to the Media Library first, depending on your preference.