Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Grouping albums with multiple dates (Read 662 times) previous topic - next topic

Grouping albums with multiple dates

With my classical music (and best-of compilations of modern artists) I like to tag each track individually with the year it was composed / released. This was fine with my previous layout but now I'm trying to switch to a more minimal layout and this is causing problems. This picture shows the problem:

Ideally these would all be grouped together and the year displayed would just be that of the first track. If that's not do-able, displaying a list of all years from that album would be acceptable, as long as the album is not split up every time the year changes. I'm currently using ColumnsUI and NG Playlist

Is this possible?

Also, is there any way to change the grouping so that certain text aligns to the right rather than the left?

Grouping albums with multiple dates

Reply #1
use EsPlaylist instead. you can group by artist/album. but in the display you can add the date. i'm pretty sure it will use the date from the first track if grouped tracks contain different values.

you can insert $tab() to shift text after it to the right.

http://foo2k.chottu.net/#esp