Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack 4.3 released (Read 48204 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #75
Okay, here's an unstable alpha version of WvGain for Windows. Any and all testing is deeply appreciated, but please use on test files only!! 

And before anyone asks, no, I am not going to add recursive scanning (at least not for a while). Next on the list is the *nix version...

http://www.wavpack.com/wvgain.zip

Enjoy!

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #76
AWESOME 

I've ran it on 10 or so albums. The only thing I noticed is that the gain values are 1 number different than when foobar calculates the gain. For example, here are wvgain's values for a track:

Code: [Select]
replaygain_track_gain = -5.22 dB
replaygain_track_peak = 0.977234
replaygain_album_gain = -4.93 dB
replaygain_album_peak = 0.977234

and here are foobar's on the same track:

Code: [Select]
replaygain_track_gain = -5.23 dB
replaygain_track_peak = 0.977233
replaygain_album_gain = -4.94 dB
replaygain_album_peak = 0.977233

I guess the numbers are rounded differently? I don't think the different rounding really matters but I thought I'd post it anyway.

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #77
I agree. Just write it out as it is. Isn't WavPack a lossless encoder, after all? So even metadata should be "encoded" and "decoded" losslessly. Personally I always embed the cuesheet with the correct file name and extension (.wav) assuming to eventually use it after extraction. This is an easy discipline to obey to.

I rip with EAC and that means that the cuesheet will be called <name>.wv.cue and point to <name>.wv.

If we are talking novice users then I expect many of them would have the same - especially considering the "-w CUESHEET=@*.cue" functionality in 4.3 that helps users to use WAVPACK directly to encode from EAC and embed the cuesheet.

I may be missing something here - but I assume you guys must embed your cuesheet manually (i.e.: not as part of the ripping process) and possibly make manual edits to the cuesheet as well.

As Xenion said, I don't really mind about all this - I'm technically-minded enough to deal with any situation - but I think if this feature is added then it should be added for the benefit of the novice user, and therefore be very simple to use.
I'm on a horse.

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #78
Okay, here's an unstable alpha version of WvGain for Windows. Any and all testing is deeply appreciated, but please use on test files only!! 

Excellent. Thank-you very much, David

And before anyone asks, no, I am not going to add recursive scanning (at least not for a while).[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=341692"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well, people can easily work it out: on Windows with Case's Sweep, and on *nix with shell scripts.

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #79
I may be missing something here - but I assume you guys must embed your cuesheet manually (i.e.: not as part of the ripping process) and possibly make manual edits to the cuesheet as well.
...[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=341720"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, you're right. I rip manually to an uncompressed WAV image, then I replaygain, compress, tag, and embed the replaygained cuesheet (without any further manual edit) using foobar2000 and your excelent TAG program.

I'm thinking of autmating somehow the whole process, maybe using REACT. If I'm not mistaken also using REACT I will end up with a cuesheet containing a .WAV reference in the FILE directive of the cuesheet.

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #80
The only thing I noticed is that the gain values are 1 number different than when foobar calculates the gain[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There has been some changes to the wavegain source lately: [a href="http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=38290]Wavegain problems in Linux[/url].
It should not be related, though.

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #81
smz
I use Synthetic Soul's scripts to automate the whole process. The only manual step is ReplayGaining.

BTW, it would be great to have an utility that could apply RG info to the CUE sheet. WvGain is good, but it is suitable only for separate tracks, not for CD Images. =/

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #82
... your excelent TAG program.
It's not mine!  I feel really guilty when people say it's mine.  99.9% is still Case's.  I'm very pleased if the -f switch is useful to you though. 
I'm thinking of autmating somehow the whole process, maybe using REACT. If I'm not mistaken also using REACT I will end up with a cuesheet containing a .WAV reference in the FILE directive of the cuesheet.
I've actually been testing REACT recently (as a replacement for my batch files), and the way I have it set up it still uses <name>.wv.cue pointing to <name>.wv.  It's possible that you could get it use <name>.wav though - I'm still learning.

Sorry, don't mean to turn this into a cuesheet-embedding thread.
I'm on a horse.

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #83
Apologies - I'd been using the wrong version and didn't realise that wvselfx now presents a save dialogue!

Cuesheet storage is sooooooo handy. There's nothing more easy than having every CD in one file of its own!

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #84
I have created a 4.31 beta version to fix a couple of issues with the new release and to include a more stable version of the ReplayGain scanner.

The debug mode now works correctly on win95/98 and also uses standard directories for creating the log file, for example on win2k it's /Documents and Settings/username/Application Data/WavPack.

I also updated my MSVC++ 6.0 compiler to the most recent service pack, so it's possible that some other problems that were seen might be fixed.

The way the command-line and file lists are handled have been changed in preparation for a completely redone *nix version, so any and all testing is appreciated. 

The three command-line programs are available here:

http://wavpack.com/wp431.zip

For the locals, happy Thanksgiving!

edit: spelling

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #85
Hello!
Are there (important) differences between the 4.31 of Thanksgiving and the new 4.31 released yesterday ?

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #86
Hello!
Are there (important) differences between the 4.31 of Thanksgiving and the new 4.31 released yesterday ?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=350090"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not really. I updated the SDK on my compiler, so that couldn't hurt. And I added the -s option to WvGain.

I don't think you would want to continue using the beta, but there's certainly no emergency to update.

In fact, the 4.3 version is fine for everything except debug mode... 

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #87
Can't seem to find the latest version of foo_wavpack.dll (ver 2.3) on www.wavpack.com
Can anyone provide a working link?

Adyton

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #88
Can't seem to find the latest version of foo_wavpack.dll (ver 2.3) on www.wavpack.com

Adyton[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Strange... I'm pretty sure I've seen it there before and I downloaded it (and I have a copy, in case), but it's not there anymore.

[a href="http://www.foobar2000.org/components.html#foo_wavpack]The one offered at foobar2000.org[/url] is version 2.0.b2

The one in the current foobar2000 0.8.3 special compile is 2.2 (IIRC...).

Nothing at RareWares...

Anyway, as I said, I have a copy of it if somebody needs it and it is not officially available anymore

Sergio
Sergio
M-Audio Delta AP + Revox B150 + (JBL 4301B | Sennheiser Amperior | Sennheiser HD598)

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #89
The one offered at foobar2000.org is version 2.0.b2

The one in the current foobar2000 0.8.3 special compile is 2.2 (IIRC...).

your right, i checked at wavpack webby too, no seperate downloadable foo plugin

i seem to be running 2.0.b2

i would like to get my hands on any later version decoders

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #91
http://www.wavpack.com/files/foo_wavpack.zip
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank-you!

BTW, the link in Bryant's post #85 is still valid but points to an obsolete beta. The correct link to Wavpack 4.31 is [a href="http://www.wavpack.com/wavpack-4.31.zip]http://www.wavpack.com/wavpack-4.31.zip[/url]

This thread too is obsolete (and should be closed by admin, IMHO) as there was an official announcement for 4.31 in "Validated News" here

Sergio
Sergio

WavPack 4.3 released

Reply #92

Adyton[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Strange... I'm pretty sure I've seen it there before and I downloaded it (and I have a copy, in case), but it's not there anymore.

Some time ago i send David a PM where i asked him why the WavPack component for fb2k v0.8.3 wasen't listed on his site anymore, and here is a quote from his reply :

"The reason that I stopped distributing the plugin for foobar 0.8.3 is because Peter asked me too. He said that the version of Case's cuesheet handing stuff that's in there is buggy (and I suppose he wants people to be using the new version which has WavPack native). Anyway, I just removed the link; the plugin is still there:

[a href="http://www.wavpack.com/files/foo_wavpack.zip]http://www.wavpack.com/files/foo_wavpack.zip[/url]

BTW, there's a bug in there that was fixed just this week but obviously won't get into the foobar plugin for 0.8.3 (but will get into the 0.9 release). If you try to repeat just a single track that has an MD5 sum, the seek back to the beginning will fail. Not a huge deal, but be aware..."