Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query (Read 331506 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_skip: skip tracks that match a specified search query

Reply #100
And here the another version for rating that work.
$if($or(%skip%,$greater($mod($cwb_rand(),100),$if(%rating%,$mul(%rating%,20),50))),1,0)

1 star = 20% to pick the track.
If there is SKIP tag present, it will always skip that track.
The bold number is the probability rate in % for track that don't have rating. Change to 0 will make it skip all track that don't have rating.

your script doesn't work. nor do mine, which i made editing yours.

Code: [Select]
$ifgreater(
   $mod($cwb_rand(),100),
   $if(%RATING%,
      $ifequal(%RATING%,0,50,
         $ifequal(%RATING%,9,0,
            $mul(%RATING%,20)
         )
      ),
   50),
1,0)

or
Code: [Select]
$ifgreater($mod($cwb_rand(),100),$if(%RATING%,$ifequal(%RATING%,0,50,$ifequal(%RATING%,9,0,$mul(%RATING%,20))),50),1,0)

i use rating from 0 to 6, plus a rating of 9 for double tracks or not-song-tracks, wich is related to a special mark. i don't use the %skip% tag. i want tracks rated 0 to be treated as unmarked, and the tracks rated 9 to be skipped.

something doesn't work in this script.. can you spot any error?

EDIT
i think that the result of $mod($cwb_rand(),100), is too low. which is the interval in wich cwb_rand generates the numbers?
EDIT2
it seems that $cwb_rand() and $rand don't work. i've installed cwb_hooks

Reply #101
How should be a script for playing not played songs? I have foo_playcounter_custom installed with only database enabled and I want to play the songs not played yet in my playlist, or the ones less played, how should be a script for this?

Reply #102
How should be a script for playing not played songs? I have foo_playcounter_custom installed with only database enabled and I want to play the songs not played yet in my playlist, or the ones less played, how should be a script for this?

try
$if(%count%,1,0)
or
$if(%count%,$ifgreater(%count%,0,1,0),0)

where count is the name of the variable used by the playcounter. this will make foobar play only songs never played before. while this:

$if(%count%,$ifgreater(%count%,3,1,0),0)
skips all the songs played more than 3 times. you can change this limit as you like

Reply #103
Thanks for the quick reply.
I am using this and looks like is working.
if(%play_count%,ifgreater(%play_count%,0,1,0),0)

I have a lot of music in my library, and I am always playing randomly and I see that foobar often repeat some songs, and there is some I never heard.
Many thanks!

Reply #104
What foobar version you use?

cwb_hooks doesn't work with current version of foobar. It mean that my code no longer work anymore.

@servimo

You can simplified it to..

$ifgreater(%play_count%,0,1,0)

or if $if(%play_count%,1,0) work, use this.

Reply #105
I am using foobar2000 version 0.9.5.5 and for the songs I tried looks like working. It is playing only songs that was played 1 or 0 times. Maybe this could be an illusion... I'll try more times

Reply #106
What foobar version you use?

cwb_hooks doesn't work with current version of foobar. It mean that my code no longer work anymore.

i'm using 9.5, cwb_hooks figures in my settings menu
is there any alternative to get some random numbers?

thanks

Reply #107
No.

Last version of foobar that work with cwb_hooks (and some other components) is 0.9.5.2

Reply #108
No.

Last version of foobar that work with cwb_hooks (and some other components) is 0.9.5.2

i don't know which version i'm running but cwb_hook seems to work. in the settings panel it says to be 9.5
so i can't understand what's wrong..

Reply #109
Go to preference >Components and check at "foobar2000 core"

If it is 0.9.5 as you said, check cwb_hooks version, it must be 1.2.6 (last version) or else it won't work.

Reply #110
Go to preference >Components and check at "foobar2000 core"

EDIT: in fact i had an older version of cwb_hooks. updating solved my problem.
thank you very much 
your script works fine

Reply #111
One thing I notice in this component is that it doesn't keep the last option you choose between sessions on foobar2000-0.9.5.5, it always back to the first option. When I begin foobar again I have to choose the option I want in the menu again. Maybe it should have a way of store the last configuration.

Reply #112
One thing I notice in this component is that it doesn't keep the last option you choose between sessions on foobar2000-0.9.5.5, it always back to the first option. When I begin foobar again I have to choose the option I want in the menu again. Maybe it should have a way of store the last configuration.

that's a issue i experienced too.

Reply #113
is there any chance that this plug in shall be updated to support rand() function? this to avoid to use of (the beloved) cwb_hooks

Reply #114
If anyone could update this foo_skip for the latest foobar2000 9.6....., or maybe someone has a version that works with this?

Reply #115
I use foo_dsp_continuator. At the end of a track and if the next track in playlist is a skipped track, foobar plays about 1/2 sec. of the skipped track and then goes on with the next, unskipped track.

What about this?
I have the same problem even without continuator.

Reply #116
Hey 2E7AH,

maybe you got fading activated?

Reply #117
I don't know how specifically does this work, but if it works as I think it does, it issues a "Next" command when a notification about track change comes and the new one should be skipped. Unfortunately, that notification is fired when the next track really starts playing, therefore some of its samples are already on their way to speakers.
I don't think it can work reliably better unless done in a completely different way, maybe only with additional support in fb2k core.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #119
maybe you got fading activated?

hey Schuft, thanks for replying

the post is somewhat old, but not the point
you're right about fading, and only fade out has the effect on this plugin, but unfortunately it doesn't do the trick as Yirkha explained

Reply #120
Thanks for foo_skip update.

For those who might need it. Will play track only if both, Playcount and Rating are missing:
$if(%rating%,1,$if(%play_count%,1,0))

Lost some of my playback statistics while organizing files but Rating tag still exists. Above script plays music which I haven't heard before.

Reply #121
I don't know how specifically does this work, but if it works as I think it does, it issues a "Next" command when a notification about track change comes and the new one should be skipped. Unfortunately, that notification is fired when the next track really starts playing, therefore some of its samples are already on their way to speakers.
I don't think it can work reliably better unless done in a completely different way, maybe only with additional support in fb2k core.

What if it was developed as a DSP that checks the tag and then clear all audio? I guess that would work and work more reliable than this method. But I'm not aware how well it would work with crossfaders?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #122
Might work well on DSP level, placing it as the first in the chain. It is possible to get exact track change point, but it forces flush of all DSPs before the current one.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #123
Hello,

There is a pluggin dooing this job for FB 9.6.3 ?