Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_timedisplay (Read 11680 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_timedisplay

So I made another foobar2000 plugin recently, it’s called foo_timedisplay, and as the name says, it displays the current playing time in a separate, resizeable and fully customizable window.

Download here: http://www.nonoo.hu/projects/foo_timedisplay/

I hope you'll like it!

foo_timedisplay

Reply #1
Interesting.  Thanks!

I've been using foosion's foo_vis_screensaver component with Yuji Adachi's Fliqlo screensaver.  Your component would be a nice alternative.

If you don't mind me asking... why a separate window, instead of a UI element?

foo_timedisplay

Reply #2
If you don't mind me asking... why a separate window, instead of a UI element?

Because SDK for UI elements has not been released yet (at least to what I know of). That means the developers can't develop UI elements - Only the authors.
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

foo_timedisplay

Reply #3
Because SDK for UI elements has not been released yet (at least to what I know of). That means the developers can't develop UI elements - Only the authors.

Ah, I see.  Thanks.

foo_timedisplay

Reply #4
I've uploaded a new version of foo_timedisplay.

Changes:
1.1.0 - added: flashing before end of track, keep text aspect ratio option, text position editor, custom display format support using foobar2000’s title formatting, scrolling

I've updated the image above, too. The first screenshot shows some new features.

foo_timedisplay

Reply #5
New version: v1.1.1 - scroll flickering has been fixed.
DL links are the same.

foo_timedisplay

Reply #6
New version v1.1.2: I've added scroll padding, so you don't have to add spaces to your custom title format string to separate scrolling text.

foo_timedisplay

Reply #7
Hi, I just found out about your component and I must say I like it...

Just one request - would it be possible to add an option to make it stay visible when the main foobar window is minimized?

Okay - make that two requests: it would also be great if the window title could also be disabled since it just takes up space; maybe add a "Close" item to the context menu if it's disabled?
Okay, scratch that, I found the options to remove the titlebar and the frame - but I still managed to mess up with them:

I wanted to put the window on the right end of the tab stack I have at the bottom of my foobar2000 window (or at least where it is in fullscreen), so I made it just 20 or so pixels high. Then I removed the frame and activated the titlebar since I wanted to try how it looked somewhere else - and that was the problem:

The titlebar filled the full height of the window, and thus I couldn't access the context menu anymore, which in turn meant I could neither resize the window nor turn off the title bar...

The only way to fix it was to remove your component, restart foobar, remove the timedisplay settings then re-add it and restart again. Maybe you could make a double click on the titlebar make it go fullscreen? That way you should always be able to find a bit of window area for the context menu...
np: 4'33"

foo_timedisplay

Reply #8
I'm afraid I have another small problem with your component:

[a href="http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=foogarbledxl1.png" target="_blank"]
np: 4'33"