Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_explorer - like windows explorer (Read 378968 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_explorer - like windows explorer

Reply #300
Search thread for "failed".

Probably msvcp71.dll is missing.

Reply #301
Search thread for "failed".

Probably msvcp71.dll is missing.

I tried it with the msvcp71.dll. It's still not working and printing the same error.

Maybe you got another suggestion?

Thanks anyway!

Reply #303
JackieKu, do you still feel like developing this component      ?

I have some ideas for improving the explorer tree windows.

1. Auto collapse tree nodes: A lot of applications already do this (e.g. xnview). If you open one tree node, all others get collapsed in order to save space and users clicking time.

2. Flat view: like in total commander. You see just one layer, not a tree. Saves space.

3. User definable indentation for the tree. Also in order to save space.

Reply #304
I knew there are foo_playlist_tree and foo_uie_albumlist, but I don't like to spent my time maintaining a database.

That is my worldview precisely. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thank you SOOOOO much!

Reply #305
hi JackieKu,

thx for your effort for this !!
I am looking for such component for long time, also I am tired to maintain DB when use some components such as foo_playlist_tree and foo_uie_albumlist, so this component is what I want.

I want to ask some questions,
is there a function that can completes following action:
"Switch to the playlist when exist, else Create New Playlist"

I want such action because every time when I left-click(my left-click action is "Replace deafult playlist") the folder which exist many files, it gets long time to search, and I think there is no need to research since last time had searched.

But there is a problem. When these files had changed and the playlist already exist, it will not update, so I think need another action :
"Update Exist Playlist".

the second question is: Is it possible to configures the folder nested display level?
for example,I have a folder called "ABC" which contain 2 folders : "OST1" and "OST2",but I just want to show folder "ABC".

Reply #306
Please add auto-collapse directories!

Reply #307
I hope JackieKu will find the time to continue development of that great plugin: In fact there is nothing great to add - but some small features would be nice. For me f.e. would be important following: 1. Show all playable files (cda, playlist files) 2. defining name of explorer view playlist (let's say: "Explorer/%_name%) and 3. option to disallow drag'n drop inside of explorer panel (so many accidents happened to me when i try to drag from panel to drop on playlist view and all that ended that i moved my files physically).

But beside of all that feature requests there are two things that i consider negative:
1. When collapsing/expanding nodes i see graphical glitches
2. When i expand a node the panel needs  long time (a few seconds for a directory that contains ~3000 files) to recognize if a subdirectory is empty or not.

Can somebody confirm this two points?

Reply #308
Cool plugin, I have been using it for a while now. Exactly what I need from a music player.

But is there anyone who know how to use custom icons to show collapsible icons in the tree view list,
coz the default one have a white background. Which tends to be an eye sore    when on a dark background colour.

It would be flippin' cool to have that feature, or if the default icons had a transparent background colour.
A teacher is a student in denial.

Reply #309
But beside of all that feature requests there are two things that i consider negative:
1. When collapsing/expanding nodes i see graphical glitches
2. When i expand a node the panel needs  long time (a few seconds for a directory that contains ~3000 files) to recognize if a subdirectory is empty or not.

Can somebody confirm this two points?

I can confirm number two.

Deleting a single file (mp3) never works for me, but it will delete folders that are populated or empty. I don't know if that is a bug or what.

If this plugin was updated it would be cool if there was a Themed appearance on Windows Vista option like in the Album list panel plugin.

Reply #310
Ase there any download mirrors for this?  The official link is currently dead.

Reply #312
Hi!

I like explorer very much, but does it not support LAN or WLAN (without adding path to favourites)?

Reply #313
can it be used in the lastest foobar2000 v0.9.5?

Reply #314
Yes, without any problems.

Reply #315
I need the version for foobar 0.8.3, the non-ansi one! I can't find it ANYWHERE on the internet. The filename is foo_uie_explorer_0.04.6.zip. Anybody have a copy of this or know where I can get it???

Reply #316
you have to add the panel to colums UI and yes it works on the current version of Foobar, cheers. See shot

I copied them in components:
folderCore (2008-01-20 14:15:14)

foo_ui_columns.dll (2008-03-05 19:20:13)
    Columns UI 0.3 beta 1 preview 1
foo_uie_explorer.dll (2006-10-25 19:11:46)
    Explorer Tree 1.04.6b

Columns UI works, but Explorer don't.
I can't see the image linked abow and I don't know how "add the panel to columns UI".
please, somebody can help?

Thanks in advance

Reply #317

you have to add the panel to colums UI and yes it works on the current version of Foobar, cheers. See shot

I copied them in components:
folderCore (2008-01-20 14:15:14)

foo_ui_columns.dll (2008-03-05 19:20:13)
    Columns UI 0.3 beta 1 preview 1
foo_uie_explorer.dll (2006-10-25 19:11:46)
    Explorer Tree 1.04.6b

Columns UI works, but Explorer don't.
I can't see the image linked abow and I don't know how "add the panel to columns UI".
please, somebody can help?

Thanks in advance

Nothing to do: I tried with COLUMNS UI 0.2, 0.1.3, foobar 0.9.4.2, 0.9.4.5, but nothing. If I click on grey panel I can't choose explorer. I don't know how and where find it.

Reply #318
I finally found it...it was very simple
For everybody had my same problems

File → Preferences→Display→Columns UI→Layout
click right mouse button on Vertical splitter (or everywhere you want position it)→insert panel→panels→explorer tree.
It works for me with:
Core (2008-02-27 23:01:28)
    foobar2000 core 0.9.5.1
foo_ui_columns.dll (2006-04-29 21:48:01)
    Columns UI 0.1.3 beta 1v5
foo_uie_explorer.dll (2006-07-06 22:43:00)
    Explorer Tree 1.04.6b

I will try it with more recent versions of Columns UI

A great solution, very useful! Thanks to developer.

Reply #319
...what a pity is impossible show all the files, now that compressed files are playables too. Add ALL the playables files seems be the only solution...
What a pity this plugin is no more implemented: it's great!

Really thanks to developer!

Reply #320
can anyone upload this dll? i can't find it anywhere.

thanks.

Reply #323
Hello,

I'm working with Windows XP and Foobar2000 in the newest version with foo_uie_explorer. I allways see in the explorer-tree the folders RECYCLER and SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION, although I'd marked "geschütze Dateien ausblenden" in the Windows-Explorer. This two Folders are nerving. Is it possible to make it invisible in the uie_explorer?
Thanks
Jörg

Reply #324
No, it's not possible.

You can only disable whole drives, but you probably know that.

And changing the Windows Explorer Folder Options will not help you.

You can make a request for foo_uie_explorer to include a option like: Do not show hidden files and folders.

But the component is 2 years old and I don't know if the author will ever update the component.