Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_explorer - like windows explorer (Read 378961 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_explorer - like windows explorer

Reply #200
One button has the wrong character on my system, I assume. See here.

Am I using the wrong font or dll? Windows XP SP2, foobar2000 0.9,  foo_uie_explorer 1.04.6.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374781"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Your system doesn's have "Marlett" font which should be bundled with M$ windows.

Reply #201
Nice component. Currently I have 2 questions:
1. How can I customize the context menu? (I need Add, Create and Replace actions that work Recursively).
(offtoptic )
2. I'd like to customize ColumnsUI sidebar so it has tabs like in the screenshot.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374786"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

djet, in the explorer tree panel's optionas check tab 'other' and the first checkbox there - 'including subdirectories when create, add, or replace ...' (or use shift ).

Reply #202
This is pretty rad, but i have to agree with the people who brought up hiding certain folders. Wouldn't it be a simple matter to get the file attributes and use those to determine which files to hide? That would totally rock my box.
~

Reply #203
Mmmh, I can't seem to add a foo_ui_explorer pannel anywhere into my foorbar 

got the fresh 0.9 and the foo_ui_explorer component installed, I can see the options but don't have an option to add the pannel. Am I missing something?

Reply #204
I have the same problem as syrek, although I should note this is the first time I've tried to use this plugin so there might be something n00bish I've (not) done.

I do have the msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll files in the foobar root directory, so that should not be the issue. Like syrek, I can see the Explorer Tree Panel in the prefs, in Media Library. It doesn't seem to appear among the panels listing when right-clicking a panel though...

Thanks for any help on this issue.

Reply #205
Your system doesn's have "Marlett" font which should be bundled with M$ windows. [{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I thought so, too, at first but [a href="http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/9712/marlett4yq.png]it's there[/url] on my system. This is weird...
Always defragment your MP3s to avoid subtle lack in harmonics.

Reply #206
@JackieKu

Very nice plugin. Works fine under 0.9. I only have one question.
Is it intended that the button right to the adress line is different
than all other buttons?

Reply #207

got the fresh 0.9 and the foo_ui_explorer component installed, I can see the options but don't have an option to add the pannel. Am I missing something?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375195"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I also have this problem. I have foobar 0.9, columUI 0.1.3 and foo_ui_explorer. I have options in the preferences, but i cant insert it to Columns UI.

Reply #208

I also have this problem. I have foobar 0.9, columUI 0.1.3 and foo_ui_explorer. I have options in the preferences, but i cant insert it to Columns UI.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375375"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

right click on the title of another panel, select Panels > Explorer Tree, and you've got the exlorer thingy.

Reply #209
I've got only Playlist switcher in the Panels menu...

Reply #210
Hey, i think i found a drawing glitch. I'm not sure if this is the fault of Columns UI itself or if it's actually foo_uie_explorer, but since it only happens to the explorer panel i'm guessing it's probably the latter....

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'](enlarged to show detail)[/span]

Notice how the windows behind foobar (the blue and white, which is Neowin, and the yellow, which is Miranda) show through around the edges of the explorer panel? Sometimes the colours from the play list will bleed over into the edges too.

Explorer is the only panel/tool bar that does this. I have album list, four browser panels, a seek bar, a button bar, and a play-back order thing, and none of those have drawing problems. Just explorer.

The problem seems to disappear if i use the classic visual style, but since this is the only time i've ever experienced this issue i think it's probably not my visual style (HmmXP)'s fault. :/
~

Reply #211

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375375"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

right click on the title of another panel, select Panels > Explorer Tree, and you've got the exlorer thingy.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375377"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've tried that. The entire issue is that the 'Explorer Tree' option isn't shown in the menu when right-clicking a panel. Like GL1zdA said.

Reply #212
One button has the wrong character on my system, I assume. See here

I have the same problem here. But 5 minutes ago i've noticed that it is in other applications too:

Maybe a problem with the Windows Visual Style!?

//edit: it's definitly a problem with the visual style Royale Vista 1.1. I've switched back to windows classic style and the mysterious charakter disappeared. Do you use a visual style too?

Reply #213
I have my folders set up with Artist, and then sub-folders with Albums.  I have found that setting a left click to Add to Playlist, requires that each Album folder be clicked.  Is there a way to set this up to be able to add the entire Arist folder (or the whole arist directory, with all albums)? 

The only way to achieve this is using the shell menu, play/enqueue in foobar function, but I would like to be able to click and add an entire arist folder to a playlist.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply #214
//edit: it's definitly a problem with the visual style Royale Vista 1.1. I've switched back to windows classic style and the mysterious charakter disappeared. Do you use a visual style too?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375871"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, I'm using Watercolor Lite, and with Windows Classic Style, the problem is gone. So it is a bug in some visual styles, not one of the affected applications...
Always defragment your MP3s to avoid subtle lack in harmonics.

Reply #215
I have the same problem, i can't see the option to add it to any panels.

Reply #216
I have the same problem, i can't see the option to add it to any panels.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok,.. for me, the solution to the problem was simple. I was using an outdated version of columns_ui: 0.1.3 pre-alpha 17v3 instead of 0.1.3 pre-alpha 17v6, which is the current version. The v6 version can be found on musicmusic's page:

[a href="http://music.morbo.org/components.php]http://music.morbo.org/components.php[/url]

Hope this helps others who are experiencing the same problem.
And thanks for this awesome plugin!

Reply #217
Hi,

Great component.  I've been enjoying it on my work computer so much that I decided to take it home and install it on my home computer, running Windows ME (okay, everyone can stop laughing now ) and Foobar 0.8.3.  I managed to install the 0.04.6 ANSI version with success, however I'm having one major problem: I'm unable to hide any drives even though I've specified them in the Display2 tab of the Preferences.  In fact, it tries to read from my A drive every time I start Foobar!  If anyone knows a solution please help, as this component is so nice yet this problem is so annoying.

Reply #218
It seems that your hosting is down for the latest version. I could mirror it if you're having problems.

Reply #219
Yes. I'd be glad if someone could mirror the binary code for foobar2000 0.9. Thanks in advance.

Reply #221
can someone help me out, i dont understand how to install this. if you could please help me that would be great. thank you.

Reply #222
HEllo every body, new happy foober user (F*** winamp, i don't miss you(...too much))

just one or two questions about explorer tree panel :

-is there a way to refresh the forlders, for example when files added or moved, to see them in the folders (like with F5 but obviously not working here)

-is it possible to add files just after the playing file or the selected file ?? like in winamp "enqueue after current" ??  (did I say i missed winmap ?)

but honestly you all do a good work, thanks for all this developpement since the beginning and I hope everybody will finally get to the point that Foobar rules the audio players' game ..

cheers

Reply #223
-is there a way to refresh the forlders, for example when files added or moved, to see them in the folders (like with F5 but obviously not working here)

Hi! I don't know about your second question, but as for the first one, my way to make things refresh is by collapsing and expanding again the parent node... It might not be very nice, but it works!

Reply #224
thanks for your help, another question came up in my mind :

- is it possible to select multiple files in a folder (like using shift or ctrl in windows) or do you have to double click them one by one (supposing that double clicks makes add to playlist and i just want some files of a specific folder).

thanks again, cheers