Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_explorer - like windows explorer (Read 378950 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_uie_explorer - like windows explorer

This plugin can only be used with Columns UI.

2.04.8: Require foobar2000 1.0+. Fixed some bugs.
NOTE: A few settings will be lost after update from earlier versions to 1.04.7 and later.

For foobar2000 v1.0
foo_uie_explorer 2.04.8 (binary)

For foobar2000 v0.9.5
foo_uie_explorer 1.04.7c (binary)

For foobar2000 v0.8.3
foo_uie_explorer 0.04.6 (binary)
foo_uie_explorer 0.04.6 ANSI version (binary)

Checkout sources via Git git://ku.myftp.org/foo_uie_explorer.git

Changelog

The screenshot

Reply #1
Playist -> Playlist would be nice
Great panel  Thanks

Reply #2
Looks really good, I've been wanting a panel like this. 

Perhaps when you add the customizability, you could give various options for double-clicking a folder, ie add files to a new playlist, append to the current, and perhaps even have a filter for what extension files to allow into the playlist?  Just a suggestion, and thanks for the great work so far.

Reply #3
I'll try this when at home.
Thanks!

Reply #4
Great Pannel! It would also be nice if the middle-mousebutton-click would be customizable. Anyway, great work!

Reply #5
sounds great 

Reply #6
i'd like it if when you click the folder it makes an auto playlist i.e DATABASEVIEW

Reply #7
the panel  shows only partitions of  hard drives , not my cdr drives.
is this behaviour intended or is it a problem only for me?

Amit.

Reply #8

Amit.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299793"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm thinking its the intended behavior, I see my 2 hds no dvds

Reply #9
i'd like it if when you click the folder it makes an auto playlist i.e DATABASEVIEW
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299597"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I second that. Maybe optional. Like doubleclick makes an new DATABASEVIEW playlist.
Also; "Playist" should be corrected to "Playlist". 
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #10

Amit.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299793"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm, this is not your problem.
At beginning I implemented it with removable storages, but I found a trouble there.
When it tried to find files in removable stroages and the media are not inserted, we got a error dialog "Please insert a medium".
I tried to avoid this annoying problem, but I can not find any solution.

edit: Finally I found a solution. Thank for Google.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299597"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I second that. Maybe optional. Like doubleclick makes an new DATABASEVIEW playlist.
Also; "Playist" should be corrected to "Playlist". 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299804"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Excuse me to ask a stupid question, what is DATABASEVIEW playlist?
Is this feature is like current "create a new playlist"?
If the answer is YES, I don't think it is a good idea for single click.
Imagine you click on a tree item, and it contains many subdirectories and files.
This operation will take a lot of time, won't it?

However, I will add some shortcuts like double-click, Ctrl+mid-click, Shfit+mid-click, etc. in the future, and they will be configurable.
Please be patient.

Reply #11
Only folders can be showed in the panel...Can files in selected folder also be showed ?
I think a feature that allows us to change the background color is wonderfulv...

Thinks for your work, i like it .......
.:: Evchenic.S+udio ::.

Reply #12
Excuse me to ask a stupid question, what is DATABASEVIEW playlist?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Eh. Like the behavior of [a href="http://music.morbo.org/download/foo_uie_albumlist.7z]foo_uie_albumlist[/url] when you click on an item. Here I could imagine the pugin creating a new playlist (e.g. called "Database view" or "Explorer view") when you doubleclick a folder containing all files in that folder (and subfolders?) that fb2k know of.

Reply #13
For some reason my directories won't display in proper alphabetical order.  I'm still using the FAT32 filesystem on this drive, incidentally.  Any chance that is causing the problem?

Reply #14
For some reason my directories won't display in proper alphabetical order.  I'm still using the FAT32 filesystem on this drive, incidentally.  Any chance that is causing the problem?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299922"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh, it insert the folder one by one and never sort it.
However, in my computer all of them display in alphabetical order.
I have seven NTFS partitions and one FAT32 partition, there is no problem with them.
So I think it does not need to sort them before insert the folders in the treeview.

If there are many people have the same problem, I will consider to sort them.

Reply #15
The following information is for developers.
I used FindFirstFile() and FindNextFile() in Win32 API to search files in a directory.
A application I implemented before used CFindFile class in MFC does not have this problem.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=299810"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is interesting, because according to the MFC source code included with Visual Studio, CFindFile is using FindFirstFile/FindNextFile. utf8api also has a uFindFile class, returned by uFindFirstFile.

Reply #16
The 0.2 alpha now sorts my directories properly.  Thanks for such an awesome plugin, JackieKu

By the way, if you're taking suggestions for new featues, I'd love the ability to delete files/folders from within Foobar, like you can with the foo_tunes interface.

Reply #17
I'd love the ability to delete files/folders from within Foobar

Nice idea ... and maybe to change the coulor of background, if it's possible.
Anyway, keep your work! 

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #18
I really love this idea but i have no idea how to get it working its not in its not like all of my other components are  can anyone help me. I tried to look for help but maybe I'm just bad at searching or there isn't one.

Reply #19
awesome idea cant wait to try it

Reply #20
Tested 0.02 alpha 3. Cool. Seems good to me. User configurability of mouse clicks/shortcuts could maybe be a nifty feature.... Otherwise I can't see much I miss...
I don't know if integration of foobar context menu would be an idea... but Album List already does that, so....

@nWolc: It's a panel that works with foo_ui_columns. You got to add it as any other panel.

Reply #21
meh well i never downloaded the thing with .dll  but how do i get the newer versions to work cause i didn't found any zip or .dll for them?

Reply #22
meh well i never downloaded the thing with .dll  but how do i get the newer versions to work cause i didn't found any zip or .dll for them?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Please use 7-zip or WinRAR to extract the archive.

[a href="http://www.7-zip.org/]http://www.7-zip.org/[/url]

Reply #23
Thank you JackieKu for a simple and nice plugin. I've been waiting for it for some times. I'm already happy with it after trying for a few minutes, but I would love it more if double-clicking will list content of the selected folder recursively. Also the ability to exclude some folders or at least drives is nice. And of course more customization options like middle click, font...are all welcome.

Reply #24
A very nice and useful pannel, thank you. Could you please consider adding an option to hide the 'address bar'? Also, being able to specify a folder as root, eg My Music, would be great