Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates (Read 51521 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Suggestions / Wishlists] for future updates

Reply #375
The WebP support depends on Windows support as well, as far as I know.

Not quite. fb2k bundles it's own copy of libwebp (there is a dll in the install folder which gives it away). Presumably it's built from this...

https://github.com/webmproject/libwebp

There is no dependency on the OS so it works on Windows 7/8/8.1 which doesn't have webp support built in.

Columns UI has a different implementation using WIC (windows imaging component) which does depend on OS support. Details here:

https://github.com/reupen/columns_ui/releases/tag/v1.4.0-beta.1

IIUC, Columns can display other <insert exotic formats here>, if there are WIC decoders available.

Reply #376
Hi everyone, I just discovered that PPHS resampler has been replaced with libretro in 1.6.6.

What about r8brain (free) wich claims:
The SRC algorithm at first produces 2X oversampled (relative to the source sample rate, or the destination sample rate if the downsampling is performed) signal, then performs interpolation using a bank of short (8 to 30 taps, depending on the required precision) polynomial-interpolated sinc function-based fractional delay filters. This puts the algorithm into the league of the fastest among the most precise SRC algorithms. The more precise alternative being only the whole number-factored SRC, which can be slower.

https://github.com/avaneev/r8brain-free-src

Talking about quality,  there's alto an interesting project called Oversimple that wraps two of the best resampling libraries available (r8brain and HIIR):

https://github.com/unevens/oversimple

Last but not least, I've also coolected some other resources here:

https://github.com/forart/HyMPS/blob/main/AudioRES.md

Hope that inspires !
Forward Agency NPO

In progress we (always) trust.

Reply #377
Columns UI has a different implementation using WIC (windows imaging component) which does depend on OS support. Details here:

https://github.com/reupen/columns_ui/releases/tag/v1.4.0-beta.1

IIUC, Columns can display other <insert exotic formats here>, if there are WIC decoders available.
Strange, because I already have some early version of windows imaging component for jxl installed. It works for explorer thumbnails and this basic windows photo viewer, but foobar is blank. I checked both columns UI playlist thumbnails and artwork view panel - all empty for jxl while webp works just fine.

Reply #378
Resume playback after queue

I'd like to have an option for the playback to go back to its place from before the queue was created. That is, if I add an item to an empty queue and after some time the queue ends, the program should play the track after the one which was playing when I added that first item to the queue.

For example, say I've got 10 tracks in the playlist. Track 04 is playing. I'm enqueueing Track 07 and Track 09. After 04 ends, 07 starts playing, followed by 09 and all is well. But then with the current queue behavior Track 10 starts playing. I want it to go back to the previous order and play Track 05.

Also, in a perfect world: If I manually play a track while the queue is playing, the track after that manually played track should play when the queue ends. And if that "proper" track is removed from the playlist in the meantime, the track after that should play (or if there's nothing after that the playback should stop). In short, the program should remember the position and the playlist index to which it should go back.

I realize I could use some workarounds like "Playback follows cursor" or enqueueing that track to the end of the queue, but these are tedious methods and require my (almost) constant attention. I'd like an option to make it automatic.

Reply #379
I'd like to have an option for the playback to go back to its place from before the queue was created.
Right now the playback queue works exactly as one would expect - it keeps playing in line with the last thing queued. I wouldn't want it to go back to the "beginning", wherever that is - I want it to go where I told it to go and stay there. I often use the queue to change playlists, sometimes several times over the course of a queue.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #380
I'd like to have an option for the playback to go back to its place from before the queue was created.
Right now the playback queue works exactly as one would expect - it keeps playing in line with the last thing queued. I wouldn't want it to go back to the "beginning", wherever that is - I want it to go where I told it to go and stay there. I often use the queue to change playlists, sometimes several times over the course of a queue.
Well, that's not the way I would expect it to work, so clearly that's not true for everybody. The way I described it is how the queue used to work in Winamp and how it does in Spotify. There is more than one way and different people have different expectations and purposes they use the queue for. I never use it as you described it - when I enqueue something is when I want to hear a song right away but without disturbing the current playlist. Besides, I'm not proposing to make it the only way or the default way for the queue to work, just an option.

Reply #381
CarPlay support would be awesome, since it becomes more and more popular around iPhone users. And since it is upgradable, superior to current in car infotainment systems.

Reply #382
I would like to have an option to mass update tags by regex like it's done in Total Commander for file names. Automatic fill from file names or other field is great but is not always convenient.

Reply #383
Hi.

Please add (update) the ability to process the title of the current song - read from an online stream / internet radio.

Although Foobar2k gets the name of the song and artist from the online stream, the parameters in Foobar2k are not usable - e.g. in the script, when searching for a song on YouTube - I think like with the help of a script in Foobar2k, when opening a web-browser also with the parameters %title% and %artist%.

This problem, when the artist/title of the song obtained does not exists in the case of online radio (online stream), has already been mentioned somewhere on this discussion forum.

Thanks.

Reply #385
The track-title field in Android should be made to scroll. A lot of classical tracks are useless (the title of the piece can take up all the space) without scrolling text.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021