Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar 1.4 beta 1 - couple of comments (Read 8548 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Foobar 1.4 beta 1 - couple of comments

Reply #25
[1.4beta3] Reset Page function on Preferences->Playback doesn't affect on some checkboxes.

Reply #26
another comment, small issue regarding some description
[1.4beta4]
Preferences->Display->Context Menu->Tagging, Attach & Remove pictures show same description.

Reply #27
Windows Defender thinks the the foobar2000 v1.4.0 beta 4 .exe is malware, "fuerboos.d":
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=142185&name=%3CTrojan:Win32/Fuerboos.D!cl%3E&threatid=%3C2147723655%3E
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/40410900f33c6217a5f9f6378f8314ead54bb0e4556c7845cd85d5ae72aa6037/detection
Probably a false positive?

Reply #28
Rule of thumb is that heuristics are always false positive. When was the last time someone saw a virus scanner actually catching a real threat?

Edit: anyone ever tried reporting false positives to those three red engines shown in the above VirusTotal link? I haven't had luck contacting them and they seem to think almost everything is malicious.

Reply #29
Heuristics: bullshit that tries to clumsily imitate artificial intelligence.
Or specifically for antivirus programs: Heuristics: bullshit that tries to mimic advanced protection by being overprotective - in some circumstances any kind of program execution can cause some kind of harm.... Like - audio player can play shitty song that you would like to unhear.

Reply #30
Windows Defender thinks the the foobar2000 v1.4.0 beta 4 .exe is malware, "fuerboos.d":
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=142185&name=%3CTrojan:Win32/Fuerboos.D!cl%3E&threatid=%3C2147723655%3E
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/40410900f33c6217a5f9f6378f8314ead54bb0e4556c7845cd85d5ae72aa6037/detection
Probably a false positive?

Yes, it is false.
EZ CD Audio Converter / FLAC or WavPack

Reply #31
Rule of thumb is that heuristics are always false positive. When was the last time someone saw a virus scanner actually catching a real threat?

Edit: anyone ever tried reporting false positives to those three red engines shown in the above VirusTotal link? I haven't had luck contacting them and they seem to think almost everything is malicious.

Welcome to the AV and Certificate Cartel.

Reply #32
I have a question for the new RG preferences. What settings are most accurate:
Downsample HD content yes/no ?
True peak scan - which one to use?

Reply #33
I suggest using downsampling. It causes a little slowdown when scanning hi-res audio but prevents ultrasonics from affecting the loudness estimation. You can test the effect with these files.

True peak scanning allows finding intersample peak values. If you care about potential clipping and its prevention you should use oversampling here. I recall the EBU recommendation is that 192 kHz sample rate is enough to find true peaks. I recommend using SoX here as it doesn't slow things down too much.

You can find some test files here that don't show clipping with conventional means but they do infact clip badly as they have high intersample peaks.

Reply #34
since 1.4 beta 1 up to beta 3 there's libFLAC-fb2k.dll, I just realized beta 4 doesn't include it. I wonder why it's gone now.

Reply #36
In foobar v 1.4 beta 7/8 we have nice switchers / drop down lists for DSP eeffects and RG modes - that's awesome!

Can we also also have a "Total number of selected tracks" on status bar, before "Total time of selection" and Volume? Just: "Tracks sel.: (number)". As those 2 that are already there, it should be selectable if one want to display it or not...