Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 'command-line executable' for aotuv? (Read 9936 times) previous topic - next topic

'command-line executable' for aotuv?

I just compiled aotuv beta 5 from source using your guide.  I used prefix=/usr/local

It says to

Call oggenc as
LD_PRELOAD=`echo /usr/local/lib/libvorbis*.so` oggenc -q4 foo.wav

Anyone know how to use it with a ripper like Grip?  I don't know what to enter for the command-line executable in the config section.  I have a static linux binary aotuv, but I'd rather us the one I compiled (on 64-bit ubuntu) since it's a lot faster.

Reply #1
I'd use "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib oggenc" instead (without the double quotes).

Reply #2
I'd use "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib oggenc" instead (without the double quotes).

Doesn't work. 

I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with the static binary or update my libvorbis libraries to use the aotuvb5 patch.

Reply #3
There's another way: make a wrapper script:

/usr/local/bin/aotuv
Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
LD_PRELOAD=`echo /usr/local/lib/libvorbis*.so` oggenc "$@"

chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/aotuv and use that path in grip.

Reply #4
another way is to compile vorbis-tools using the aotuv libs rather than the official libs, breakout oggenc and call it oggenc-aotuv.

that's what i did for rarewares to make it "easy"

later

Reply #5
There's another way: make a wrapper script:

/usr/local/bin/aotuv
#!/bin/sh
LD_PRELOAD=`echo /usr/local/lib/libvorbis*.so` oggenc "$@"

chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/aotuv and use that path in grip.

Thanks again.

The shell script seems to work great--it calls oggenc with the aotuv libs as it should at correct settings.  But then I check the file with ogginfo:

...Processing file "slavonic_dances_op72_no1__odzemek_molto_vivace.ogg"...

Warning: Hole in data found at approximate offset 4500 bytes. Corrupted ogg.
New logical stream (#1, serial: 09d5e62e): type vorbis
Vorbis headers parsed for stream 1, information follows...
Version: 0
Vendor: AO; aoTuV b5 [20061024] (based on Xiph.Org's libVorbis)
Channels: 2
Rate: 44100...

I ran it a number of times with different tracks. No change.  But if I run the command from the terminal, I get a perfect ogg, no error.

Strange.  I've made the script a couple of times now, and still the error. 

another way is to compile vorbis-tools using the aotuv libs rather than the official libs, breakout oggenc and call it oggenc-aotuv.

I'll try your way next.

Reply #6
I think I may have found the reason for that error.

Grip is ripping the wavs and encoding fine, but something is happening in the tagging stage to change the mime-type to mp3!
In nautilus that's what it says, 'Type: MP3'...MIME type: audio/mpeg. Weird.

Everything else (media players, etc) show 'ogg'.  When did that start happening?  I never noticed because I have the browser set to view icons instead of list.  Good thing I use mostly abcde and eac!  Hope it's not a big deal otherwise and correctable.

Reply #7
yep, the id3v2 tags option was enabled for some reason.  That's the problem.

Reply #8

later

Can I ask you about how you did it exactly?
This is my guess on how you did it:
First you compiled the aotuv-libs by running
./configure --disable-shared && make
. Then you downloaded vorbis-tools from http://www.xiph.org/downloads/ and compiled oggenc in vorbis-tools by running
./configure --disable-shared CPPFLAGS=-I[PathToAoTuv]/include LDFLAGS=-L[PathToAoTuv]/lib --disable-ogg123--disable-oggdec--disable-ogginfo--disable-vcut && make
, where [PathToAoTuv] is where aotuv-libs was extracted.

Is this correct?

And can I check that the compiled oggenc uses aotuv by running "ogginfo [file]", where [file] is a file encoded with the new oggenc?

Regards